New At Response Audio - USHER, BIRDLAND, SOUNDSTRING -MORE

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
For some time, I have been receing inquiries as to why I do not have much of a speaker selection. Well the honest truth..... I have not found a high end speaker company that I was truly impressed with that wasn't hored all over the internet. Well that has changed.

Through a lot of researcing and finally a referal, Response Audio is now proud to introduce the fine craftmanship and integrity of Usher Audio.

We are now an AUTHORIZED dealer for Usher Audio, Birdland DAC and much more to come. Further information can now be found on my site.

Further details, pictures and specs will be appearing very shortly on my site.

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2003, 10:22 pm »
I recently listened to the Usher line.

I liked it very, very much!    Beautiful speakers to boot!

Maybe you should send a monitor demo out to ACers to spread the word on these babies........

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2003, 10:44 pm »
Beautiful speakers to boot!

I agree. There craftmanship is above what is to be expected in their price class.

Maybe you should send a monitor demo out to ACers to spread the word on these babies........

Sure, all I need is a list of everybody that wants me to send them a pair!! But really, wouldn't it be nice if it was this easy. Maybe you could help spread the word??

I will be playing with the 719 monitor being driven by our highly modified Special Edition Jolida 102B running in Triode. About 12 watts? Then moving upwards in power to get an idea of how these speakers interact with tube amps. I don't have anything solid state. Most of my auditioning of the Usher line will be with modified Jolida units and RAM products and using my own Response Audio Reference speakers to compare.
  Anyway, I do look forward to auditioning much more of their lineup.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2003, 02:54 pm »
Over the next few weeks, I will be stocking more speakers from the Usher line. Starting with the 719, 708, 718 and the CP-730 in real Rosewood, an amazing speaker at only $1,650 with "Ultimate Mods" performed. Visit my website for details.

I do have my X-719 available as demos. SOLD Actual speakers shown below. Email or call for pricing if interested. Toll free 1-888-785-9773

JoshK

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2003, 03:03 pm »
I am seriously eyeing one of those Usher racks!  :o  :inlove:

What a beaut!

For only $300?!   :rock:   Now that is what I am talking about!  What a great deal.

I was wondering a couple of things.  Are the intermediate shelves adjustable?  If not, what are their heights?  Also, does it come in just the one finish?  (I would like a dark wood finish but I could always sand and stain).

KKM

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2003, 03:09 pm »
Bill,
Usher had some all silver interconnect and other cables at the HE2003 that looked very well made and priced very low, will you be carrying their wires also?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2003, 03:27 pm »
For only $300?!  Now that is what I am talking about! What a great deal.

I was wondering a couple of things. Are the intermediate shelves adjustable? If not, what are their heights? Also, does it come in just the one finish? (I would like a dark wood finish but I could always sand and stain).

If you think about it, this is actually a 6 shelf rack with the top platform. The bottom 2 shelves are secured and them 3 above it are adjustable.

Finish, yes it only comes as shown but many people have already sanded and refinished this rack in various finishes. It comes knock-down so refinishing is much easier.

Size - BIG, 25.5" W x 20" D x 40" H

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2003, 03:32 pm »
Usher had some all silver interconnect and other cables at the HE2003 that looked very well made and priced very low, will you be carrying their wires also?

I have about 7 pair that will be available later this week. Inexpensive but yes, SILVER. Get this!!
  1M pair - $49
  1.5M     - $60 (only one pair available at this time)

Picture has been removed, way too big. But here is the link to the Usher Audio Cables page now on my site http://www.responseaudio.com/usheraudiocables.htm
  Here you can see the full line of Usher Audio cables and their unbelievable prices.

JoshK

« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2003, 04:01 pm »
Bill,

Thanks for the quick response!  One other question.  Does Usher have any other configurations?  I like this one for the audio stuff but I was wondering about a diff config for my HT gear.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2003, 04:27 pm »
HI Josh,
   At this time, this is the only rack available. Some people are using two of these racks for HT setups.

audiojerry

« Reply #10 on: 18 Sep 2003, 04:26 pm »
I visited you website for the first time, Bill. Very nice!

I do have my X-719 available as demos. Actual speakers shown below.

Does this mean they are available as demos to audition, or that they are demo's for sale? Of course, if they are almost 40 lbs each, that would make for a pretty expensive audition due to shipping cost.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #11 on: 18 Sep 2003, 04:35 pm »
Greetings Jerry,
  Actually, they are available for both. I would prefer to sell them as I need the room for more floor standing models I have in route. I want to eventually audition the entire line, at least the X and CP line.

At 80 lbs., yes it is quite a shipping charge, especially round trip. Most people would want to keep whatever is shipped to them which I can understand when you would save both on shipping and buying a demo pair.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Update
« Reply #12 on: 19 Sep 2003, 07:48 pm »
X-719: Thanks you everyone who inquired about the demo X-719. These speakers have been sold.

Cables: We now have the Silver interconnect in stock with more 1801s and speaker cable (check these out on my website) arriving the beginning of next week. Many sets are already prepaid and I already running low.

Speakers: I now have two pair of the CP-730 as shown below available till we recieve another shipment in about 3-4 weeks when I am trying to get a larger inventory of the X and CP series in stock. Pictures do not do these speakers justice. That is Real Rosewood veneer you are seeing.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Now BIRDLAND available
« Reply #13 on: 21 Sep 2003, 04:38 pm »
Response Audio has picked up what is now being considered to be the best D/A converter under $4k

Read more on the Response website.

DEMO pieces now available for sale.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
Now Soundstring Cables
« Reply #14 on: 28 Sep 2003, 03:03 pm »
Response Audio has just introduced Soundstring cables to our lineup. Visit our website for more details.

We also have the Usher X-718 standmount in stock. White finish with solid wood side panels. Offered at $950 INCLUDING shipping