P8 + ref9 connected to switched multiway socket?

anibal1966

P8 + ref9 connected to switched multiway socket?
« on: 16 Aug 2007, 02:08 pm »
facts
I own a P8 + two ref9 system.
I love the sound
I hate to use three switches to power up the units (two of them in the back panel).
I do not even consider leaving the units powered on permanently, a waste of energy.
Nuforce modded Monster Power seems great to power up everything with a single button, but unfortunately too large for available space

questions
Is it possible to power up all three from a switched multi-way socket? Is there any risk for amps or speakers?
Does anybody know an alternative/smaller product to Nuforce Monster Power available in Europe?
Should I downgrade my system to IA7? (a half joke)

thanks

BTW: Congratulations, Jason, I greatly appreciate Nuforce’s approach to audiophile sound.

(Sorry, if anyone feels this topic has already been covered, but I have not been able to find a fully satisfying answer)
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2007, 02:21 pm by anibal1966 »

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
Re: P8 + ref9 connected to switched multiway socket?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2007, 12:37 am »
hello i leave my ref 9 se v2s and p 9 preamp on all of the time. the power draw is just about zero at idle. though if you wanted to you could use a good power strip with a on off switch.

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2007, 05:05 am »
The P8 should not be turned off from the AC.  Use the P8 remote.   However, turning off Ref9 using power-strip is OK>

Mattiu

« Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2007, 01:11 pm »
I also consider the rear power on/off button of NuForce product really unconfortable (I use them in a narrow audio rack). It would be really appreacited from my perspective to adopt a front power on/off button. The perfect solution, under aesthetic point of view also, is to realize a central rounded-shape button which incorporate the on/off led in the center itself. Hopefully not a mechanical switch but an electronic one (not "click-clack" switch, just as a cell keyboard button type)

Mat.