Spider-Man is coming to Superbit!

bubba966

« on: 28 Aug 2003, 06:32 am »
Finally! :thumb: :thumb: I knew it looked like ass when they put it on disc last year so they could drop a SB version later.

Though it's a Japanese release (R2 NTSC)... http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SB-32161

Not a big problem for me. :mrgreen: So I'll be ordering one real soon...

Sa-dono

« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2003, 06:46 am »
Yeah..it was just a matter of time. I can't say I liked the movie enough to care. As a SB, it should make a nice demo disc though. I know a bunch of videophiles that were already using it for demo purposes (although not as a reference quality disc, obviously).

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2003, 06:54 am »
I can't say I had problems with the sound on Spidey. But the video I found lacking due to the crap that was crammed on the disc hogging up all of the space.

I felt that it was intentional so as to make a SB release easily look better. And when they pulled the same crap with xXx (only worse), I knew it was true.

I'm still puzzled as to why they've not released (or even announced) a US release in SB for Spidey. xXx came out after Spidey, and had a SB release  just a month or two back.

Sa-dono

« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2003, 07:05 am »
Quote from: bubba966

I'm still puzzled as to why they've not released (or even announced) a US release in SB for Spidey. xXx came out after Spidey, and had a SB release  just a month or two back.

For what it's worth..I believe it is still coming (well unless the guy was just talking about the international version). I knew the SB was going to be releasing before the normal version even released :lol: I found this out from an insider a long time ago..and indeed they made the video poor and lacking a DTS track just because they had planned on releasing a SB disc, and milking Spidey for what it was worth.

shokunin

« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2003, 03:20 pm »
Spiderman, forget the SuperBit, get a copy on HD on DVHS via HBO.  Of course it has niether DTS nor extras, but the picture quality is much better than the DVD release.