preamp help...(IRD purist and Bent AudioNOH) anyone in Chica

gonefishin

Hi all.  I was wondering if you guys can lend me some of your experiences regarding two preamps (or others too).  Let me first say that I have read the archives here and at HD regarding the TX102...and the posts here about the Purist pre...Lots of great info on both units.  Heck, I even found a direct comparison of the two.  Which led me to the assumption :o that both units are quality performers, with the only differentiating factor coming down to preference.  (if there is anyone in the Chicago area that wouldn't mind if I take a look/listen to either of these preamps...I would really appreciated it)

This is the part where people will say that only I can know my own preferences an blah...blah...blah.  I understand that.  But, these units are not readily available for many of us to compare head to head...so I would like to get your impressions/opinions on them in the systems/room you've heard them in.

I also saw the thread below, posted by beat, asking about preamps...but, I didn't want to hi-jack his thread.  

A little about my system...

You can see/read about my system following the link below.  Right now...it's kind of in a transition phase.  Some things I would like to change  are the pre, both amps (time and money willing), possibly modify the sacd player...then, as icing on the cake, get a turntable.  

As I said...right now I am looking at both the Purist and NOH for the pre.  A direction I may go after for the "top" amp is a 300B/10Y tube.  The bottom amp...I'm really not sure yet...this will be addressed when time and money permit.

any questions or comments are appreciated...thanks!