VMPS RM30C with all upgrades, and them some! - SOLD!!!

smccull

PENDING SALE

Due to some financial hardships I am forced to sell some of my gear, including these wonderful VMPS RM30Cs.  :(  This pair is in the beautiful piano finish and is loaded with all the options available, and then some:

Itemized Options w/ MSRP:

1.   VMPS RM30C; includes Constant Directivity Waveguides (CDW), SoundCoat borosilicate damping compound, Free-Swinging/High-Energy true ribbon tweeter, 40-oz. magnet 6.5” Megawoofers $3500

2.   Outboard XO (OXO), matching piano black (which is a unique upgrade), separate bass & ribbon array (dual) inputs, 3 sets direct-coupled speaker binding posts (described below) for bass/mid/treble $450.

3.   Black Hole 5 enclosure damping sheets $280

4.   Asian-sourced cabinets from Mark L. Schifter (MLS) of Rocket Speakers, seamless piano black, double-thick front/rear, heavily braced $400, 130 lbs ea.

5.   Peter Moncrieff's Tomorrow's Research Today (TRT) Dynamicaps, hand-wound aluminum-foil, trimmed-to-3rd-decimal w/ calibrated meter $1200

If you listened to the pair at RMAF last year (when I fell in love with them), this is effectively the same set up, less the Larger Subwoofer. (BTW, there is a matching piano black Larger Sub for sale here on AC. That would make a terrific combo!)

MSRP Total $5830.00

Itemized Proprietary Upgrades:

1.   Matching wire throughout: Stan Warren recipe AWG12 twisted copper pair multi-strand, 30’ total. (I believe this sounds more musical, smoother, powerful & full-bodied vs. the OEM upgrade wire.   

2.   Non-conductive nylon binding posts: 10 pair total sets, white nylon studs/washers/nuts.  No conductive parts & no electrical influence vs. any other known metallic binding post regardless of cost.  Music signal passes only between two spade lugs on a nylon stud & compressed together between two nylon nuts.  An audible improvement throughout. 

I bought this pair last December from a dealer who bought them from VMPS in Sept 2006 as his own reference pair, so they are less than a year old. They’re in near perfect shape. There are no visible blemishes on them and the piano finish really shines. High WAF for sure!

While the RM40’s have garnered a lot of attention, many people including myself believe the RM30s are better. They image better because of the narrow baffle, are a little more detailed to my ears, and have a tonal balance to die for. With the CDW they are perfect off axis, which expands the sweet spot and makes them very enjoyable even from adjacent rooms. What they give up to the 40’s is the last little bit of extension and some macro dynamics. For average sized rooms I think the RM40 is a bit much. For me the RM30 made more sense, and paired them with a Velodyne subwoofer I never felt anything was missing. Definitely full range. 

I’ll list these here for a week at this AC special price before going over to Audiogon. I’ll try to post pictures but I’ve never had luck with that here. I have them if you’d like me to PM me. I have the original shipping materials and will pack with care.

$3550, plus shipping

I also have an ASL AQ1003DT modified by Bill Baker of Response Audio listed under the amplification section.  ($1850)
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2007, 03:18 am by smccull »