FS: Ack! dAck! 1.3e NOS DAC

Gaara

FS: Ack! dAck! 1.3e NOS DAC
« on: 4 Aug 2007, 01:37 am »
SOLD Ack! dAck! 1.3e: $225 shipped SOLD

Condition:

Good condition, a few light marks and a couple tiny pits on the bottom of the faceplate.  Disregard the smudges, I didn't notice these until after I took the pics and now the camera has the hiccups.

This unit was purchased a few weeks ago for my DAC shootout.  I had it on for 3 sittings of ~3hrs each.  The original owner had it for ~ 18 months and took care of it well.

Terms:

The DAC will be shipped insured and double boxed in the original packaging with the battery and manual. Accepting Paypal (add 1.5%) money order, or personal check from buyers who have verifiable good feedback.

Description:

This is a very well thought of DAC.  It is a NOS design using a Philips TDA1545 chip used by many nice DACs such as the DIY Paradise Monica II and MHDT Labs Paradisea and Constantine.   The big thing that makes this unit unique is that it is battery powered.  I found this unit to be the quietest DAC I have ever used.

This has a RCA jack instead of the standard BNC.  I am not sure if this is a high resolution unit but the caps are auricaps and they are labeled as High Resolution.

One caveat, this unit does not seem to handle all formats.  It had trouble playing tv shows on my pc, and I don't believe it can do PCM of DVDs.

I have a feedback rating of 69 on Audiogon under Gaara and 45 on Ebay under Gaara925.

Thanks.

Jared

« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2007, 05:46 am by Gaara »

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: FS: Ack! dAck! 1.3e NOS DAC
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2007, 03:21 am »
i have two modded art di/o's, one i did myself, the other i bought from another modder.  both are in excellent condition.  i would consider trading one, if interested; always interested in trying one of these...

doug s.

morakot

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2007, 08:53 pm »
Hi

I like to buy the DAC.
please contact me
morakotkh@yahoo.com

Gaara

« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2007, 05:46 am »
SOLD