I just got my new Stratos Stereo Extreme and Tempest

sherod

Well, after enduring the typical 6 week wait for Odyssey products, I got my new Stratos Stereo Extreme( Dual transformers and 180,000 caps) and Tempest. They have been running 24/7 for 6 days now and with each day that passes I can hear audible improvements.  :) Already the sound is superior to anything I've had before( and there have been a lot) powering my Meadowlark Osprey speakers. If the amp and preamp continue to improve through the long break-in period( one month?), then I can say with assurity that I've got some life-time companions to enjoy. Thank you Klaus for your excellent products,service, and friendship. :D

nrenter

« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2003, 07:53 pm »
Where are the pictures? Bring on the pictures!!!!

Eric D

Re: I just got my new Stratos Stereo Extreme and Tempest
« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2003, 08:42 pm »
Wish I had something to add except to say I'm jealous.  My 120 uF Stratos just got shipped to Indiana today for the Extreme upgrade, and should return with a Tempest brother.  

Quote from: sherod
If the amp and preamp continue to improve through the long break-in period( one month?), then I can say with assurity that I've got some life-time companions to enjoy.

That's what I'm hoping for, so your words are like music to my ears.  Well, I don't know if it's like music through the new Odyssey gear - you'll have to be more poetic to reach that level :D

BWentler

• In Christ, we are all saved!
RE: Tempest
« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2003, 12:30 am »
Well, according to Klaus my Tempest should be shipping Wednesday and I should have it Friday.  Just in time for the long Labor Day weekend!!!!!! :D

I've been waiting for over two months but as Kluas put it, at least you have something to listen to, some don't enven have that.  So being placed lower on the shipping list is OK.

Can't wait until I can compare the MAR upgrade of my Melos MA-333 with the PS-1 phono stage and the all tube SHA-Gold mod that MAR now has to the TEMPEST!

Please send pictures and as for the break-in...

I have the Extreme Mono's that are about 6 months old and every day is a new day for them!!!!

Later...

speedcenter

• http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/audio
Re: RE: Tempest
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2003, 05:31 am »
Quote from: BWentler
Well, according to Klaus my Tempest should be shipping Wednesday and I should have it Friday.  Just in time for the long Labor Day weekend!!!!!! :D

so we can have a pre-amp shootout at my place in a few weeks when it's all broken in?   :D

BWentler

RE: tempest
« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2003, 02:42 pm »
Just email me when you what to meet and I'll pack up the Tempest with the new Odyssey IC's and you get the beer/food ready and we'll what happens....

:D

Bruce

Christophe35

Re: RE: tempest
« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2003, 05:42 pm »
Just email me when you what to meet and I'll pack up the Tempest with the new Odyssey IC's

Hi,

What are these new odyssey IC's ? different from the groneberg ?

Christophe

BWentler

RE: Odyssey IC
« Reply #7 on: 26 Aug 2003, 06:22 pm »
Odyssey cables = Groneberg cables

I didn't have the spelling for Groneberg, so I typed Odyssey instead.

Bruce

speedcenter

Re: RE: tempest
« Reply #8 on: 26 Aug 2003, 09:01 pm »
Just email me when you what to meet and I'll pack up the Tempest with the new Odyssey IC's and you get the beer/food ready and we'll what happens....

Bruce

burn in the good piece first; we'll have brats, brews and tunes in the second half of September. I'm swamped until then anyway.

Peter

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #9 on: 27 Aug 2003, 07:17 am »
hehehe,

you can take the boy out of Germany,  but ..... :P

BWentler

RE: Kluas
« Reply #10 on: 27 Aug 2003, 12:51 pm »
I don't think SpeedCenter and I would kick you out Klaus if you also attended the listening session in Madison, WI sometime next month.

And if you'll include a pari of Legato in walnut, there will be two people waiting with open arms for them!  :o

Bruce

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #11 on: 27 Aug 2003, 07:22 pm »
Thinking about it.  Haven't been in my "hometown" for a while.
In walnut,  heh ???

BWentler

RE: Madison
« Reply #12 on: 27 Aug 2003, 07:41 pm »
Ya to match my VPI turntable!!!!!!!

speedcenter

« Reply #13 on: 27 Aug 2003, 08:40 pm »
Germans, beer, brats, true... so true

What happens when you drop your brat on a mono Xtreme under full load? will it get crisper? Maybe a redesigned case that can double as a nice George Foreman style grill would add to sales?

:mrgreen:

Eric D

« Reply #14 on: 8 Sep 2003, 10:38 pm »
So, updates???

BWentler, did the Tempest show before Labor Day weekend?  How's it sound?

sherod - we want more!  BTW, looked up your speakers.  Sure are lots of beautiful options.  What kind of wood and finish are yours?

Thanks for any tidbits,

sherod

« Reply #15 on: 9 Sep 2003, 03:03 am »
Well Eric, I am getting happier with my amp and preamp with every day and hour that passes. I think it was at the 400th hour of continual playing when they magically began to really open up and show their true stuff. They are both in the standard black. The blue iridescent-lighted logo is really nice. It has a very elegant,holographic effect. But the sound, oh, the sound is so natural and involving. This is by far the best system I've ever had. I can see why Klaus gives it a 20 year warranty. I'll let you all know in 20 years how I'm still enjoying them. I'm hoping to provide some pictures, but they deserve a good digital camera and that I don't have just yet. Supposedly my amp and preamp both will get even better with more time. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night... :lol:

sherod

« Reply #16 on: 9 Sep 2003, 03:09 am »
I forgot to mention that my Meadowlark Osprey are in the Pennsylvania Cherry. Very nice pieces of furniture and they have an excellent "wife acceptance factor". They also love the Odyssey. Very synergistic. Klaus told me that I would get it to 98% perfection. He was wrong. They are at least 98.5%.   :D

Eric D

« Reply #17 on: 9 Sep 2003, 03:12 pm »
Quote from: sherod
I forgot to mention that my Meadowlark Osprey are in the Pennsylvania Cherry. Very nice pieces of furniture and they have an excellent "wife acceptance factor". They also love the Odyssey. Very synergistic. Klaus told me that I would get it to 98% perfection. He was wrong. They are at least 98.5%.   :D

Oooh, very pretty.  I agree wholeheartedly on the WAF of the Odyssey gear as well.  Not all might think so - sure takes up more space than a "lifestyle" system.  But IMO, that setup you've got looks as good sitting still as it does at 90mph (er, dB).  ;)

And re the performance notes, thanks for feeding my impatient spirit.  I'm looking forward to settling in for a long-term relationship with my amp and pre too.

enjoy!

BWentler

Can't find time to reply, spending to much time listening!!!
« Reply #18 on: 1 Oct 2003, 01:06 pm »
So, updates???

BWentler, did the Tempest show before Labor Day weekend? How's it sound?

sherod - we want more! BTW, looked up your speakers. Sure are lots of beautiful options. What kind of wood and finish are yours?

Thanks for any tidbits,

Yes, the Tempest was at my front door that Friday before Labor Day and it's been on since them.  Since that time, Klaus had enough silver face plates to send two to me for that's what my Extreme Mono's were ordered with.  At the time of shipping the amps, Klaus didn't have any silver face plates as to not to delay the amps longer, he shipped them with the standard black ones.  Now my system LOOKS GREAT AND SOUNDS EVEN BETTER!!!

As for the sound of the Tempest, well I have my Melos MA-333/PS-1 pre-amp for sale since the moment that I plugged the Tempest into my system and turned it on, it smoked the Melos in all but the amount of soundstage from front to back.  That was thin but all other attributes there was not contest.  I spent all not $3k on that Melos and I don't miss it at all except the cash invested in it and what I can get out of it by selling it.

If you need a pre-amp, GET THE TEMPEST!!!!

Later and more listening to TRUE GREAT MUSIC!!!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Re: Can't find time to reply, spending to much time listenin
« Reply #19 on: 2 Oct 2003, 05:07 am »
Yes, the Tempest was at my front door that Friday before Labor Day and it's been on since them.  Since that time, Klaus had enough silver face plates to send two to me for that's what my Extreme Mono's were ordered with.  At the time of shipping the amps, Klaus didn't have any silver face plates as to not to delay the amps longer, he shipped them with the standard black ones.  Now my system LOOKS GREAT AND SOUNDS EVEN BETTER!!!

As for the sound of the Tempest, well I have my Melos MA-333/PS-1 pre-amp for ...
             You have an excellent website Bruce, very moving indeed. :D  Regards, Robin