Timepiece Mini --- HURRY --- TIME IS RUNNING OUT --- ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!!!

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
JohnR,

Yeah...when's that going too be anyway?  I thought you were going to be asking for us to sign up at the end of July, but I haven't seen anything regarding it yet.  Of course, I don't get around elsewhere on the circle much, so I may have missed it.

Prior to this, I wanted to sign up a long time ago, but $$$ was evaporating faster than we could replace it.  In fact, as of last April, I was putting out resumes and did the same around the same time the year before.  Get this if you can believe it...nobody would hire me!  Who'd a thunk it? :roll:  Maybe I'm just "over-qualified."  :lol: Yeah, that's it.

Anyway, for one reason or another, I'm still here and things are finally looking up.  That being the case...sign me up!  And yes, I most certainly do appreciate your time and efforts.  Maybe more than some others. as other than our website (which has sucked since day-1), AC has been about the only channel we've had to get the word out.  You my friend, deserve the biggest  :thumb: of all!

-Bob

bbchem

:roll:

Dear Bob, I know SP is new to me and reading everything written tells me that I made the right choice. You have to be the most detailed and for me knowledgeable Loudspeaker person I have ever conversed with. If your speakers sound anything near how you sound they me be the NEXT BEST THING.

As I mentioned to you, if I like something a lot lot lot, I will GUSH about it.  Its my nature to convey to people about anything I love, so they to can hopefully have the same positive experience that I have had. Since I have a degree in Chemistry and Philosophy, I am also passionate about conveying my feelings.  Life is made up of experiences, and its best if they are positive.

Regards, Bill     :thumb:

mcullinan

I will gush too and write something like:
Listening to the Timepieces, I noticed that I began to get younger, my skin more supple... but then an effect I did not expect... (the next morning) I was wearing man diapers... being fed out of a bottle by a strange looking lady that I have never met before...

Oh imagine the positive sales responses.. hehe.
Mike

Double Ugly

I will gush too and write something like:
Listening to the Timepieces, I noticed that I began to get younger, my skin more supple... but then an effect I did not expect... (the next morning) I was wearing man diapers... being fed out of a bottle by a strange looking lady that I have never met before...

Oh imagine the positive sales responses.. hehe.
Mike

Uh ... yeah, Mike ... that'd be great.  :roll:

-Jim

PS - I know you were j/k, but I'd have never, EVER ventured there!  :lol:

JohnR

Yeah...when's that going too be anyway?

Hi Bob, realistically, let's say September. It would be far better if I had some code to manage it, hence the delay. My apologies for that, got a clear weekend coming up tho

Thank you :thumb:

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
doug s.,

Your original comment:
this site had "cheapskate" written all over it, from its inception!  everyone here wants to reach the holy grail in sonic reproduction for pennies!

and your follow up comment:
if mfr's can prosper by being "cheap" - ie: by offering real walue for money, instead of trying to appeal to the mentality that if it's super expensive, then it must be the real thing.

IMHO "Cheapskate" is not good for AC.  Being "cheap" usually has negative connotations to it.  "Offering real value" though...is a very good thing and what SP Tech has always been about.

Question:  Is a Mercedes worth the price they charge?  Neither you or I may think so, but that's irrelevant - many people do.  Obviously...enough to keep Mercedes in business anyway.  The real answer to that question isn't quite that simple, but you get the idea.  The key word is "value."  Whether I can afford a Mercedes or not has nothing to do with whether or not it offers true value.  I'd bet there's plenty of "thrift minded" car experts that would argue a Mercedes does offer true value when you consider the build quality, performance, amenities and resale value.

I say the same thing should hold true with audio products in general - and I'll bet I get few arguments about that!  My point is that if your comment above - that AC has "cheapskate written all over it" - is true, it would be good for AC if that image were to change.

What I "think" you mean is that AC should be about products that represent true value.  In my opinion, inexpensive products often represent just the opposite - they're often "junk" and are a waste of money.  They break easily, don't perform as advertised/expected and hold no re-sale value.

At SP Tech, none of our products are "inexpensive" but virtually all that have heard them will tell you that they represent real value.  Of course, the economy of scale and dealer margins drive up prices, but that also makes availability and customer service (hopefully) a lot better for the consumer.

I believe that regardless of price, value should be the driving force behind every consumer's quest.  I also believe that it would be good for AC to loose the "cheap" image and focus on developing one of sponsoring value.  If a manufacturer were to offer product that is perceived to be "valueable" yet expensive, they should be encouraged to participate here as well.

AC should be a place where value driven consumers can come to learn more about companies offering products at every price level.  If the hobbyist with both the means AND common sense is looking for a product offering world class performance AND consequently value...it would be good if he or she could find out about it here.  Why should AC only be for the person looking for products in the under (fill in the blank $$$) category?

We offer our Revelation MR-1 MKIII for as much as $18K MSRP in our Premier Finish.  For most of us that's a lot of money.  I know I could never personally afford them if I couldn't build them myself.  Yet, I guarantee there are those that will tell you they are well worth the price when compared to a plethora of other, way more expensive products.  Should we not even speak of them on AC?

My point is...let the members decide what represents value while the Admin works to attract the very same kind of manufacturer that we strive to be.  For instance, Vanderstein is well known for offering excellent value (as far as I've heard anyway), yet their most expensive model is in the same category as our Revelations.  Would/should they not be offered a circle here if they were so desirous?  What about MBL?  I've talked to numerous audiophiles that are just taken by the sound of their speakers.  Don't ask me the price, but I know they're a lot more than our stuff.  Would they not be welcome here?

Two of the best speakers I ever heard were made by Avalon and Avantgarde.  How many of us here can afford them? Are they worth it?  Well...not to me, but only because I can build better for less aa  But I'll be the last to tell you that they're not worth the price for the "less than average" consumer.

Anyway, I think it would be cool if AC could "upgrade" its prior? image.  I think it would be good for everone and would bring in new members and new discussions.  But then, what do I know :roll:

OK everybody, don't stone me.  :surrender: It's just my opinion.

-Bob