Vista Driver for Off Ramp Turbo

evkatz

Vista Driver for Off Ramp Turbo
« on: 24 Jul 2007, 05:41 am »
I see a few people have their Off Ramp Turbos (not version 2) working under Vista, with the driver M-Audio has provided.
Can any of you who've managed to get this working tell me if there are any tricks to this?  For the life of me, I can't get this thing to work.   Only hint I've managed to unearth, is that I notice under Windows "services" the Transit USBInstaller Service is not loading and gives the error message FILE NOT FOUND: C:\Program Files\M-Audio Transit USB\Install\TUSBInst.exe.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer... Evan

audioengr

Re: Vista Driver for Off Ramp Turbo
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jul 2007, 12:19 am »
EVKATZ - Thanks for your research.  I will post your findings here.  For Off-Ramp users that are using the M-Audio drivers, the following will help you get going on Vista:

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=f1e9c80f717e056705cd286009cf66a4

Steve N.

Brucemck

« Reply #2 on: 2 Apr 2008, 05:24 pm »

Steve, I assume the Turbo2 with your new "plug and play" driver works fine in Vista? 

(Any hints to a new to Vista from XP user?)

The reason for asking is that over the weekend I'll be replacing my old XP laptop with a new Vista laptop, and "transferring" my J River player and library over at the same time.

audioengr

« Reply #3 on: 2 Apr 2008, 08:21 pm »

Steve, I assume the Turbo2 with your new "plug and play" driver works fine in Vista? 

(Any hints to a new to Vista from XP user?)

The reason for asking is that over the weekend I'll be replacing my old XP laptop with a new Vista laptop, and "transferring" my J River player and library over at the same time.

Turbo 2 with new firmware works fine with Vista.  The only things you must know are:

1) go to sounds and audio devices and select the output device - it is not automatic with Vista
2) highlight the device name, right click and go to Porperties and then advanced and then select the sample rate - this must match that of the player.

Steve N.