Candela question

yooper

Candela question
« on: 15 Jul 2007, 03:07 pm »
After reading more about the Candela (I did order one), it appears the Candela reverses the phase.  I have a Slimdevices Transporter which has an option in the menu to reverse phase, so if I choose this option, I assume I don't have to tinker with reversing the +/- on the speakers?

Mark

bunky

Re: Candela question
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2007, 08:06 pm »
After reading more about the Candela (I did order one), it appears the Candela reverses the phase.  I have a Slimdevices Transporter which has an option in the menu to reverse phase, so if I choose this option, I assume I don't have to tinker with reversing the +/- on the speakers?

Mark
i reversed the cables at the loudspeaker binding posts.thanks....WCW III

yooper

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2007, 10:53 pm »
Thanks Bunky,

Actually, I don't think I did a very good job of asking my question, I may not be understanding the Candela reversing the "phase".  Now that I am home, I can paste the setting I was referring to from Slimserver.

POLARITY INVERSION
Transporter can invert the polarity of the audio signal.

So, if I choose to set this to the above setting within the Transporter,  I won't have to reverse the cables at the binding post, correct?

The Transporter (music server) is the only device which will be connected to the Candela.

Also, rather than starting another thread, can someone tell me how long the power cord is on the Mono Etxreme?

Mark

Lkdog

« Reply #3 on: 16 Jul 2007, 12:43 am »
Power cord is detachable and nothing special.
You will want aftermarket power cord.
If budget is tight, use Volex 14ga for less than $10-they compete very well with much more expensive power cords.
You can also build your own with better wire through VH Audio, or Cyro Parts for reasonable that compete with most anything.

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jul 2007, 02:05 am »
as i understand it the volex that you purchase now are not the same ones raved about in the past, so look out.
check out the power cords at tube audio design.

Lkdog

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:09 am »
Good point about the Volex. i just read that recently.
Cryo Parts and other places have the original stuff, though.

Cacophonix

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2007, 01:08 pm »

I looked at cryo parts ... they didn't seem to carry any volex.
What other places sell the original stuff? Are we still talking about volex 17604?
I need a couple of them.

Lkdog

« Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2007, 05:52 am »

I looked at cryo parts ... they didn't seem to carry any volex.
What other places sell the original stuff? Are we still talking about volex 17604?
I need a couple of them.

Cryo parts lists the wire and the kits as Belden 19364.
It is the same wire used in the Asylum cords and the Volex 17604 stock cord unless I am mistaken.
See when Lee is getting some wire in and build a couple.

You could also spring for the Cryo Max III kits.
Easy builds, great price, and wonderful cords. More neutral than the Belden wire which is slightly darker and not quite as detailed.