What vintage receiver or seperates are in your garage?

Wayner

I just aquired a very nice Marantz 2385 receiver with the FM Dolby module (working) and have found a very nice place for it's 185 watts RMS per channel. I've hooked this monster up to my Dynaco A25XL's knowing full well they could no-way handle the power. That is what keeps me from pissing off the neighbors. I started to wonder what other folks have in their "garage"...I bet there is some nice stuff out there!

The Marantz 2385 on the bottom shelf of the work bench.

W aa

martyo

Re: What vintage receiver or seperates are in your garage?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2007, 07:27 pm »
How about a Pioneer 9100 Tuner. I would post a picture because it is sweet looking, but haven't figured out how to do it.

Nice looking Marantz!

Scott F.

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2007, 08:20 pm »
Wayner,

Just so happens I just converted my barn (25x35) into a wood shop and I hooked up one of my vintage systems.

I'm using a Sony VFet integrated, I think its the TA-4650 from around 1978 along with a Marantz 2100 tuner, an Onkyo cassette deck, an old Sherwood CD player and also a line in for my 60 gig iAudio X5. The speakers are some old Infinity's that I gutted . The drivers are a 5" Vifa full range (not available in the regular model line) and a horn tweeter in the sealed cabinet.

This little system makes some darned fine music. Plenty of resolution without being overly bright. The speakers (surprisingly) are fairly well balanced without being boomy either. Not sure I'd want them in a 'regular' system but for a shop system, they work mighty fine.  :thumb:

In my electronic workshop (in my basement) I use a Rotel RB960BX pre, the Rotel RB981 amp, a Philips CD player and a pair of Infinity Qe speakers. This little system sounds pretty good too.

Wayner

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2007, 08:25 pm »
Martyo,

Download a jpg of your photo into your picture gallery. When you have that all set up, right click on the picture you want to paste. A pop-up will appear, then go to properties. You will see a bunch of jiberish about the photo and it's location. Hi-lite it all and copy it to the clip-board. When you do a post, select the picture icon. Inbetween the [ing][ing] paste your clip board. Then remove the thumb_ and it should be a nice scale.

Good luck! The first couple of times is frustrating.

W

martyo

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2007, 08:29 pm »
Thank's Wayner.

Wayner

« Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2007, 08:29 pm »
Scott F.

Wow, I wish I had a "barn". There would be some rock-n-rolling out there I tell ya! I think this is going to be a big post 'cause I think alot of us have stuff everywhere!!!!!!

Friends come over to my house an just roll there eyes. I'm sorry, people now days just give me this stuff. I don't want to throw it away. I take them in like orphans, clean them up an fix a little something and away they go!

w

OTL

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2007, 09:48 pm »
Yamah CR-2020.  http://www.thevintageknob.org/YAMAHA/CR2020/CR2020.html

Still driving a pair of ADS 810's at the "unsignificant others" place.  A touch soft on top, but that allowed them to play nicely with the crispy tweeters of the era.  A very good sounding piece of gear with MM and MC capability.

I miss it.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2007, 10:36 pm »
I would post a picture because it is sweet looking, but haven't figured out how to do it.

martyo - take a look here to post pictures: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=40968.0

zeke

« Reply #8 on: 14 Jul 2007, 11:26 pm »
Phillips 650 cdp > Mac 6200 integrated > Dayton BR1 kit monitors. Also use a 12 inch emminence passive sub driven with a Nad 272 amp in bridged mono mode with this system to add some bottom end ..........

sounds pretty good

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2007, 12:21 pm »
JBL L-200 speakers driven by an Onix SP-3 and whatever source cycles through there at any given time.
Sounds pretty good but gives up a lot of resolution to the Zu speakers in my main system.