ipod+CrossRoads MylarOne X3 Earphones=?

lcrim

ipod+CrossRoads MylarOne X3 Earphones=?
« on: 13 Jul 2007, 02:45 pm »
I'm not a head phone guy but I travel for work and have a daily commute so I having been using an ipod Nano second edition w/ CrossRoads MylarOne X3 Earphones and the experience is causing me to question my values re:sound reproduction.  I use Apple Lossless files and there are times when this setup provides some of the most detailed playback I've ever heard.
I have very good SET amps in my two home systems w/ high efficiency speakers and very acceptable digital and analog front ends.  I'm not sure why but w/ the earphones I can now understand lyrics and submerged instruments in ways that are completely new to me.  Sure there are times when the earphones sound compressed and can't effectively cope w/ orchestral crescendos but I'm somewhat questioning my (for me) large investment in gear when a cheap ipod and $57 earphones sound so damn good.  Maybe the audiophile posturing re: SET amps and high efficiency speakers was just that, posturing.  I don't know exactly what I'm trying to say here but maybe one of you out there can relate. :scratch:

Jade East

Re: ipod+CrossRoads MylarOne X3 Earphones=?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2007, 12:56 am »
The mylarones are really great sounding little barrels of fun.
A great bargin.