Brad W.

Re: The best singer I ever heard...
« Reply #22 on: 13 Jul 2007, 02:21 am »
Margo Timmins

rockadanny

« Reply #23 on: 13 Jul 2007, 03:21 pm »
My guy pick would be Mark Murphy.

loki1957 - Robert Gordon!? Dude (or Dudette?), that guy is awesome. One night several years ago he sang with my favorite Detroit band, The Twistin' Tarantulas (rock on, Pistol Pete!). On the wall behind the stage they were playing an old (50's?) black-and-white biker movie. I felt like I was beamed back to 1957. Robert was great live.       

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #24 on: 13 Jul 2007, 03:34 pm »

She's Kine Therese Ludvigsen... from Norway of course...  :thumb: and on this picture I believe she's 17 or thereabout.

If you right click and save this file, you hear her sing when she is ca 8-9 years old.
http://www.berglydstudio.com/mp3/sarajevo.mp3
at 12 she peaked as a singer IMHO. It was just an angels voice!  :angel:

Imperial

Young kids' voices are......., after all, young voices, angelic may well be.  Purity of tone, fine.  Period.  Hear a toddler's scream, and it may crack glass.  Pure pitches. 

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #25 on: 13 Jul 2007, 04:05 pm »
Young kids' voices are......., after all, young voices, angelic may well be.  Purity of tone, fine.  Period.  Hear a toddler's scream, and it may crack glass.  Pure pitches. 

I've heard that to...
But she does range on the top, with that performance that day, many years ago!
If you heard her sing that day, you would not guess that she was 12, from just hearing the song... more like 16.. closer to 20 years. I have no idea how she could be so good as a singer at that age, but she was!

Imperial

mcullinan

« Reply #26 on: 13 Jul 2007, 04:07 pm »
Shes hot too.
M

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #27 on: 13 Jul 2007, 04:14 pm »

Measured my kids screaming the other day: son (3.5yr old): 108dB, daughter (7.5 yr): 106dB. 1 meter distance. No special effort, they repeated several times before and after measurement - just for fun. Angels  :scratch:

honesthoff

« Reply #28 on: 13 Jul 2007, 06:27 pm »

My girl, Mary Travers!

Jumpin

« Reply #29 on: 13 Jul 2007, 07:22 pm »
Since this is the best I have heard (vs. the best I have seen), I would have to go with that Manly Man...

And there should be no argument about that...

Otis Redding!

Have you seen the Monterey Pop retrospectives?

Tweaker

« Reply #30 on: 13 Jul 2007, 07:54 pm »
How can anyone pick out just one? I can't, therefore an incomplete list would be:
In the popular music realm I would have to say Eva Cassidy and Julia Fordham.
Diane Schuur has the most amazing voice I've heard outside of the world of opera and gets my nod for Jazz  though there are singers I probably enjoy listening to more over the long hall, still, what a voice!
For opera Andre Bocelli has the most beautiful tone to his voice perhaps of any opera singer who has ever lived ,unfortunately, he doesn't get my vote because opera is about raw emotion and Bocelli, for some reason, can't deliver in that department. So my pick is Jussi Bjorling, and for the ladies there's so many but I'll go with Joan Sutherland and Renata Scotto.
Blues, hmm, BB King I guess.
For rock there was a British group by the name of Colosseum that featured a vocalist on their second album "Daughter Of Time" named Chris Farlowe. An amazing (manly) voice. He's still alive and well singing blues and rock. Considered a living legend in Britain.
And in the world of goofy music my pick would be Tiny Tim. :D
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2007, 08:44 pm by Tweaker »

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #31 on: 13 Jul 2007, 07:59 pm »
How can anyone pick out just one? I can't, therefore an incomplete list would be:
In the popular music realm I would have to say Eva Cassidy and Julia Fordham.
Diane Schuur has the most amazing voice I've heard outside of the world of opera and gets my nod for Jazz  though there are singers I probably enjoy listening to more over the long hall, still, what a voice!
For opera Andre Bocelli has the most beautiful tone to his voice perhaps of any opera singer who has ever lived ,unfortunately, he doesn't get my vote because opera is about raw emotion and Bocelli, for some reason, can't deliver in that department. So my pick is Jussi Bjorling, and for the ladies there's so many but I'll go with Joan Sutherland and Renata Scotto.
Blues, hmm, BB King I guess.
For rock there was a British group by the name of Colosseum that featured a vocalist on their second album "Daughter O Time" named Chris Farlowe. An amazing (manly) voice. He's still alive and well singing blues and rock. Considered a living legend in Britain.
And in the world of goofy music my pick would be Tiny Tim. :D

Here's a seasoned music lover.  Anyone who's a fan of Jussi Bjoerling's gotta be my friend.  The sheer beauty of the voice itself.  Bocelli has a beautiful voice also, but he's not trained well for opera.  He ventured into a couple of recordings, and that was it.  He was blased simply because he just doesn't have the "technique" to sing operatic material.  Pavarotti has the sheer guts and raw power.  His physical power makes up for his shortcomings in technique.

It's just impossible to come up with a "complete" list of one's or anyone's) favorite singers, that's understandable.

Antman27

« Reply #32 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:02 pm »
Mike Farris of the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies   
He has such a soulfully voice -when he sings it comes from he toes !! Great Energy

http://www.amazon.com/Screamin-Cheetah-Wheelies/dp/B000002IW6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-3172494-3563051?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1184357090&sr=1-1

Sonny

« Reply #33 on: 13 Jul 2007, 10:30 pm »
Anna Netrebko...

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #34 on: 13 Jul 2007, 10:50 pm »
Anna Netrebko...

:thumb: Especially in La Traviata.

The girl sings laying on a couch, kissing the guy and in all positions that one couldn't believe voice can come out so strong.
And smoking hot aa

Turnandcough

« Reply #35 on: 14 Jul 2007, 12:38 am »
Anna Netrebko...
The girl sings laying on a couch, kissing the guy and in all positions that one couldn't believe voice can come out so strong.
And smoking hot aa

Down boy

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #36 on: 14 Jul 2007, 01:11 am »
Anna Netrebko...
And smoking hot aa

Down boy

:jester:

jkelly

« Reply #37 on: 14 Jul 2007, 11:20 am »
Karen Carpenter.

Nearly 4 octave range with impeccable intonation.

t-head

• 'I am sure that I am sure of nothing'
« Reply #38 on: 14 Jul 2007, 12:30 pm »
For Blues - William Clark - and he could wail on a harp like no other - rip

tea

If Anna sings as well as she looks she's got my vote :drool:

RJ

« Reply #39 on: 17 Jul 2007, 12:16 am »
Jacintha on her "Autumn Leaves" CD