WR125 MTM

dawaro

WR125 MTM
« on: 10 Jul 2007, 05:41 pm »
I know that RAW has a MTM design using the WR125 but has anyone seen one with a dome tweeter. I have a few of these lying around and would like to do a small MTM but have limited design capabilities. Anyone have a design they can share?

Kevin Haskins

Re: WR125 MTM
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2007, 06:14 pm »
I don't have anything but you might check with Bob Reimer at CSS.   There have been a lot of people working with the WR & FR (closely related) drivers and I'm sure someone has done an MTM.   I imagine you would need to buy the appropriate tweeter.

wildfire99

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2007, 06:23 am »
I know I've seen one with the FR125, but I can't find it. Here's some sketchy information about a WR125:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-speakers/4263-budget-diy-7-1-a.html

I too would love a nice FR125 MTM with a good tweeter that doesn't use solid gold crossover components or whatever the RAW kit does to cost so dang much.

Hardman

« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2007, 04:19 pm »
I am the guy who posted the 7.1 link on Home Theater Shack.  If there is still interest in the design, I can provide the crossover for the WR MTM.  As noted in the link I use a Seas tweeter, but I have done some work with two other tweeters too.

I also made a router template for cutting the baffles for the CSS WRST125 drivers that I am willing to share with other DIYer's.

Chris

RAW

« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2007, 04:29 pm »
I know I've seen one with the FR125, but I can't find it. Here's some sketchy information about a WR125:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-speakers/4263-budget-diy-7-1-a.html

I too would love a nice FR125 MTM with a good tweeter that doesn't use solid gold crossover components or whatever the RAW kit does to cost so dang much.

Well our HT2 kit price is more than fair for a MTM design using our custom ribbon tweeters, includes Sonicap caps with mills resistors then add in the CNC baffles and grills.

No other kits on the market include any baffles in the kit were these do.

If you want a MTM cheap O contact Bob at CSS he has a MTM I did for him using the $5.00 HiFi tweeter

dawaro

« Reply #5 on: 6 Aug 2007, 03:29 am »
I am the guy who posted the 7.1 link on Home Theater Shack.  If there is still interest in the design, I can provide the crossover for the WR MTM.  As noted in the link I use a Seas tweeter, but I have done some work with two other tweeters too.

I also made a router template for cutting the baffles for the CSS WRST125 drivers that I am willing to share with other DIYer's.

Chris

I would love to see the details. Can you e-mail them to me?