Vertical Extreme Monoblocks...

nrenter

« on: 20 Aug 2003, 01:38 pm »
Klaus,

Even though I don't own any of your hardware, nor have I ever heard any of your hardware, I'm still a big fan simply becasue of the enthusiastic customers that post here and other sites.

I've been thinking about the asthetic design of the Stratos - the monoblocks in particular. Have you considered offering the Stratos monoblock in a "vertical" configuration? I don't know if your heat distribution architecture would allow a simple transition to a vertical chassis, but it would be nice to have less floorspace taken up by an amp - expecially if the amp is placed close to the speakers.

At a minimum, some custom footing would have to be designed to make the amp stable when on its side, and perhaps a rotation of the Odyssey logo.

Just a thought....

byteme

« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2003, 03:47 pm »
Wouldn't two of them vertically next to each other take up damn near as much room as two of them "normal" on top of each other?  How would this save on footprint?

nrenter

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2003, 04:06 pm »
Many owners of monoblock amps place those amps right near their speakers in order to minimize the length of speaker cable required.

speedcenter

• http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/audio
« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2003, 06:16 pm »
Quote from: byteme
Wouldn't two of them vertically next to each other take up damn near as much room as two of them "normal" on top of each other?  How would this save on footprint?

they are significantly wider than  the height of two units combined.

Peter

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2003, 08:53 pm »
Hi Nick,

Nope,  not possible with the layout.  Also keep in mind that the case is a one size fits all kind of deal.  Stereo,  monos,  hT 3,  dual mono,  all in the same box.  That's one of the reason why we can hold the cost so darn low.

Late,

Klaus