HT input P-8

popipipo

HT input P-8
« on: 30 Jun 2007, 08:13 am »
Hi,

I recently bought a demo model of the P-8 from my audiodealer to pair up withmy ref 9's.
It sounds great, but I have a small issue i'm eager to clear up.

There is no HT input on input 3, eventhough I understood that if there is a HT input (as I asked and was confirmed before I bought) ,it is always on input 3.

The Nuforce distributor here told the dealer that the input normally is present at input 4 (3,5mm jack)
on the P8 (IA-7 is RCA standard).

Can I reconfigure the P-8 myself so that the HT input is on input3 (RCA ?)

Thanks  :)

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
Re: HT input P-8
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2007, 09:51 pm »
Hi,
P8 and IA7 have HT Bypass option, but must be specified during the order process.    They are software programmable, and unfortunately not re-configurable by customers.   

You may return the unit to Nuforce for re-program and we charge nothing other than shipping.

On the other hand, you can always use the 'quick volume button' on the remote to bring up the volume for your HT.

popipipo

« Reply #2 on: 1 Jul 2007, 06:06 am »
Thanks for your reply  :)

I will probably use the second alternative, because the P8 is a vital component in my audio set.

Thanks for the offer though  :thumb:

I seems that the distribitor and dealer of Nuforce here are wrongfully under the impression that the HT function is standard configured on input 4 (3,5mm jack), or is that also an option that can be programmed ?

Thanks again.

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 1 Jul 2007, 09:25 pm »
No, only Input 3 is offered with HT option.  Input 4 (3.5mm jack) is provided to be used with sources such as Ipod, or PC.

ericv1

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2007, 08:11 pm »
Hi
I have the same question, i'm about to buy an IA7 V2 in France to one retailer, i did ask the question, how
to get the HT option - and they weren't able to tell me.
Next Audio (import nuforce in France) does seem to understand my question, or at least not sure they know how to
handle my order.
what is the process to get one pre-configured IA7 with HT input ?

Eric from France

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2007, 09:41 pm »
We stop supporting IA-7 with HT input configuration. It has become very difficult for us to response to the requests on ad-hoc basis.  Some customers wanted to change back to non-HT and that can only be done at the factory.

Here's a trick to configure IA-7 for HT listening:

Set IA-7 to volume level 3 using the jump key (refer to the manual). Then adjust your home-theater volume accordingly. So next time you want to watch a movie, just jump to volume level 3 on IA-7.
This is almost the same as the HT bypass.  We hard code the input 3 to 0db volume (which is about 12 o'clock volume level on the dial).

ericv1

« Reply #6 on: 25 Jul 2007, 05:46 pm »
Thanks for the answer, a very last question :
Can you confirm that the HT output to connect to IA7 input is the pre-out (this what is said in my denon user manuel).
In other words, no issue or risk connecting HT pre-out to AI7 input ?

Eric

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 26 Jul 2007, 11:50 am »
Yes, you would connect the Denon's preout to IA-7 input.

anibal1966

« Reply #8 on: 3 Sep 2007, 08:58 am »
I am in exactly the same situation as Popipipo: My P8 has not HT bypass, even if I explicitly requested it to the Nuforce distributor (Barcelone, Spain; they ignored most features of the Nuforce range, although in this case they were probably mistaken because Nuforce owner's manual states that P8 has HT bypass).

Jason,

As sending the unit to the USA for reprogramming could be both time consuming and costly, I would like to know:

Is the trick you mentioned for matching levels in IA7 valid for P8?

Is there any other trick? Sorry, I just can't  get what you meant in a previous answer by "On the other hand, you can always use the 'quick volume button' on the remote to bring up the volume for your HT." What about matching levels?
« Last Edit: 3 Sep 2007, 05:22 pm by anibal1966 »

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 6 Sep 2007, 09:33 am »
Basically the HT bypass is just fixing volume at 0db, which is somewhere between volume 2 and 3 (just for example).  Most people set their home theater AVP volume at a certain range so they need to have the preamp fixed (ie bypass) so that you don't deal with two volume adjustment.
So the trick is to use Volume 3 on P-8 as the "fixed" volume.

Alternatively, you can send the P-8 front panel to us for reprogramming or purchase a new face plate with the HT bypass program. A new front panel will cost you $110 + shipping.
If you send the P-8 front panel for reprogramming, we'll charge you $20 for the labor + return shipping (around $20)

anibal1966

« Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2007, 01:19 pm »

I will try to setup the HT system with volume at 3 as reference.

A new front panel at 110+20 $ is also a smart solution.

Thanks.