I can't thank Jim enough....

audiotom

• Ground control to Major Tom
    • for everything music
I can't thank Jim enough....
« on: 27 Jun 2007, 01:58 am »
I had bought a pair of 3 month old HT3's early this year

these speakers were custom made with the full bubinga wood fronts, piano finish and rounded out port for the bass cabinet - a true work of art.

when I bought the speakers on audiogon (unheard of to see these there) Jim actually contacted the seller and asked to demo the speakers to check them out before I received them. We had them shipped to Jim and he had Dennis Murphy in and auditioned them - everything was great.

When the speakers arrived my left speaker had some damage near the top side from the shippers dropping it upside down.  My excitement over the speakers offset the dent and I just fell in love with the speaker's tonal qualities, imaging, neutrality and seemless engaging musical presentation. Every addition I made to my system, the speakers were there in spades (isolation, new tube amp, cartridge upgrades, cables, etc.). I couldn't be happier.

The carrier finally settled with Jim a month ago, paying him to repair the speakers. As fate would have it, last week I went up to Michigan (my hometown is 80 miles west of Detroit) for my nephew's wedding. Well I decided to drive and bring the speaker, lined up the timing with Jim and dropped off my speaker at his shop that friday. It was great seeing his operation, prototypes, nearly done models, and the bag, seal and sanding of the cabinet laminate. My woodworking friend Todd was as impressed as I was. The next thursday we went back and Jim had fixed the major dent (buff, bondo, new laminate, draw in grain, buff, lacquer, etc) I was amazed, only if you knew where to look and had seen the damage before would you know that this speaker had been repaired.

It was a real pleasure meeting Jim. A very down to earth, personable guy. The fact that he makes incredible speakers at reasonable prices with exquisite woodworking is one thing. That he cares enough, even for someone who didn't buy direct from him speaks volumes and I am in serious dept in my gratitude.

Thank you Jim
It was indeed a pleasure

Tom Bergeon
New Orleans
(p.s. I'm on the "in home" demo list for those in the general area)

Big Red Machine

Re: I can't thank Jim enough....
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2007, 01:26 pm »
I saw the speaker in the middle of the repair and it looked like it would come out nice and it did.  Long way for the speakers to travel for sure.  But worth it!

texas steve

Re: I can't thank Jim enough....
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2007, 12:14 am »
It was a real pleasure meeting Jim. A very down to earth, personable guy. The fact that he makes incredible speakers at reasonable prices with exquisite woodworking is one thing. That he cares enough, even for someone who didn't buy direct from him speaks volumes and I am in serious dept in my gratitude.

Thank you Jim
It was indeed a pleasure

Tom Bergeon
New Orleans
(p.s. I'm on the "in home" demo list for those in the general area)

A man (and his company) is judged not only by his product but by the person behind them.  Jim is stellar!! 

I have had 15 different key listeners to my HT3s and they always say "Shit, they sound great"!!    Keep it up Jim!!