Piccolo Questions

analog97

Piccolo Questions
« on: 23 Jun 2007, 09:49 pm »
1.  I ordered my Piccolo parts from an earlier Piccolo manual.  I ordered 5, 22.1K resistors and 5, 475 ohm resistors, leaving me 1 short of each!  Drats!  I just downloaded the most recent manual and see that is now fixed.  For anybody that might have gotten an earlier manual, remember you need to order 10 of each!

2.  I just got to the instruction step "install terminal shields...wings facing outwards".....I don't get this.  I remember this for the Cornet2 and Clarinet....but the Piccolo doesn't have holes, nor is anything shown in the Piccolo assembly picture.  Did I miss something (again)? 

Thanks in advance!

hagtech

Re: Piccolo Questions
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2007, 01:10 am »
1) Somebody caught the error for me...  If you need the resistors, lemme know, I can send direct.

2) I need a photo of this.  The terminals fit into the two hole pairs right next to the output jacks.  It then forms a ground shield between the output jacks and the electrolytics in the power supply.

jh

analog97

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2007, 01:49 am »
1.  I would greatly appreciate the 2 resistors!  That will save me a real hassle with a large company.  In exchange, I will buy more products.  I think I've done 8 Hags now.  My address is the same as all my Hagtech orders.  Thanks much!!
2.  I think I got it now.  Those must be the little metal parts in the Piccolo bag.....

PatOMalley

• This text is personal
    • http://home.comcast.net/~omaille/audio/home.html
« Reply #3 on: 24 Jun 2007, 01:26 pm »
Jim, can you update the manual with the information on how to wire the Piccolo into the Bugle Pro power supply, as well? I haven't gotten around to buying the componenets yet but it would be nice not to have a 'gotcha'.

hagtech

« Reply #4 on: 25 Jun 2007, 01:51 am »
Ok, here's what the terminals look like installed...

For wiring up the PICCOLO to a supply, just bring in +15V (or whatever you got) to the J3 hole at 3:00 position (hidden on left side in above photo).  Ground return will be through the outputs.  You might want to experiment with a direct ground to supply, which creates loops, but may end up quieter.

jh

hagtech

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jun 2007, 12:53 am »
I just noticed, you said "22.1K".  There are no resistors of that value.  Common for folks to inadvertently add the "K".  Sometimes I use the "22R1" style of nomenclature instead of decimal point.  Never really standardized on an approach.  Maybe I should have.

jh

machine

« Reply #6 on: 26 Jun 2007, 02:28 am »
The Digikey parts are:

22.1XBK
475XBK

The original manual specified a Quantity of 5, the latest a quantity of 10.

analog97

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2007, 12:50 pm »
yes, i need one of each of those!!  Thanks!  Also, that Piccolo picture is worth a "k" words....