Those with high cholesterol need not read this...

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Those with high cholesterol need not read this...
« on: 23 Jun 2007, 01:56 pm »
I was reading the Saturday Boston Globe when I ran across this tasty morsel - Death by Bacon

A Boston area restaurant has decided to take four slabs of thick cut, apple smoked bacon, dip them in eggs and flour and fry them up.  If that wasn't enough, it is served with creamy chicken gravy.

So you get two feet of bacon deep fried in batter and covered with gravy!!   :o :o

Good thing my cholesterol just came back well under 150!! 

Sounds yummy.   aa

George

rodge827

Re: Those with high cholesterol need not read this...
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2007, 02:05 pm »
I'm not sure what my numbers are, but just reading this raised them by 20 points.

My heart will hate me for this : So where is this place ?  :drool:

Rodge

www.mymonavie.com/lrodgers

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2007, 02:06 pm »
I can't top that, but yesterday I ate at "Lady Di's Diner" in St. Charles, MO and they have a 'Daily Dog'.  1/2 pound hot dog stuffed with cheese, wrapped with bacon and DEEP FRIED!!!!  :o   GAS boys, I think we have a new meeting place.  :thumb:

ctviggen

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2007, 02:07 pm »
George,

Is that your total cholesterol or LDL (low density lipoprotein, aka "bad" cholesterol)?  For anyone worried about "high" cholesterol, I recommend the following:

http://www.amazon.com/Cholesterol-Myths-Exposing-Fallacy-Saturated/dp/0967089700

And

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Cholesterol-Con-Anthony-Colpo/dp/1411694759

(Although the latter you can find online much cheaper.)

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2007, 02:08 pm »
I'm not sure what my numbers are, but just reading this raised them by 20 points.

My heart will hate me for this : So where is this place ?  :drool:

Rodge

Jake's Dixie Roadhouse in Waltham, MA

The dish will set you back $6.95 plus the cost of an angioplasty.   :rotflmao:

George

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2007, 02:09 pm »
http://jakes-bbq.com/ ............. 8)

And music - Fri. and Sat. ....... aa

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2007, 02:12 pm »
George,

Is that your total cholesterol or LDL (low density lipoprotein, aka "bad" cholesterol)?  For anyone worried about "high" cholesterol, I recommend the following:

http://www.amazon.com/Cholesterol-Myths-Exposing-Fallacy-Saturated/dp/0967089700

And

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Cholesterol-Con-Anthony-Colpo/dp/1411694759

(Although the latter you can find online much cheaper.)

LDL was just under 100.

HDL was a little on the low side 37, due to my lack of activity because of bum knees. 

I need to start swimming and/or go back in for my fifth knee surgery.

George

rodge827

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jun 2007, 02:17 pm »
I'll have to stop by on my next trip through New England. Good thing I have health insurance and a belt

that will loosen. :D

Rodge

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #8 on: 23 Jun 2007, 03:19 pm »
Nice. The audiophile hobby is dying of attrition and you guys are actively seeking to speed up the process. When you start dropping like flies the widows and heirs will be selling off your stuff and glutting the market. This will cause the value of my system to drop like a deep-fried rock and leave my family with no value at all. Please try to make better decisions about your health for the sake of my wife and kids after I'm gone.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #9 on: 23 Jun 2007, 04:16 pm »
Wifey just got out of the hospital, so the church asked if they could supply some food.  We said sure.  They delivered a pizza.  Huh?  No home cooking?  And it was the greasiest thing I've ever seen (it came with a sheet of aluminum foil underneath to keep the box from soaking all the way through).

BTW, here's an idea for tasty treats:  Cover Pillsbury cresent rolls with Nutella (a chocolate/hazelnut spread), roll up and bake (might take a bit longer than stated on the roll).  Taste like chocolate chip cookies only better with a slightly nutty flavor.  Add more nuts as needed to keep the kids away.   :wink:  I think Nutella originated oversees, so you may have to look beyond the corner grocery for it.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #10 on: 24 Jun 2007, 12:36 pm »
George that does sound sound yummy! That's just BAAAAD though.  :lol:

I can't top that, but yesterday I ate at "Lady Di's Diner" in St. Charles, MO and they have a 'Daily Dog'.  1/2 pound hot dog stuffed with cheese, wrapped with bacon and DEEP FRIED!!!!  :o   GAS boys, I think we have a new meeting place.  :thumb:
Ever have a "super slinger" at O.T. Hodges[sp?] Chili restaurant??
Two hamburger patties with a tamale placed in between covered in eggs, topped with chili and onions? Comes with a side order of hashbrowns. MMmmmmm

Last night the family went to "Waffle House". I had a Triple order of hashbrowns, "scattered, smothered, covered, and chunked". Meaning, "Scattered" on the grill, "smothered" in cheese, "covered" in onions, and "chunks" of ham. With a waffle on the side.  :drool:
Nothing fried, but a little on the greasy side. Still not good.

macrojack - quite whining dude. The value of your equipment doesn't matter. It just means you'll be able to buy our stuff cheaper before you die because our collective wives (widows) have no idea of the value/cost, and you can get it cheap!!  :wink:

Bob

2bigears

« Reply #11 on: 24 Jun 2007, 01:19 pm »
Bacon.....Homer knows best.Also going through the chicken place drive-through,Homer orders 'double skin'.Good stuff,i know where i will be on 7-27-7,that movie looks awesome.I wonder when did that tilt steering come into play?? Some people just can't fit into Hondas,they gotta have that King Range truck just to haul their person around,back and forth to WalMart for more soon-to-be landfill.the world is getting bigger.OK,now of too church for doughnuts. :lol:  Bob,you had a triple hash done SS&CC,man those sound good. :o
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2007, 01:34 pm by 2bigears »

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #12 on: 24 Jun 2007, 06:05 pm »
Mr. Ears, Check your PM's

arthurs

« Reply #13 on: 24 Jun 2007, 06:39 pm »
I just reached my weight loss goal of 35 Lbs....haven't really eatene soething downright awful for me since feb....George you're killing me with this stuff...... :drool:

Imperial

• Love keeps us in the air, when we ought to fall.
« Reply #14 on: 24 Jun 2007, 06:54 pm »
eatene soething
'ut it oueth m'an! My tounge! It's drowning here!!!

:drool:

Imperial

2bigears

« Reply #15 on: 24 Jun 2007, 07:27 pm »
way to go Arthurs,35 big ones is a big accomplishment,how long did that take?? :D

arthurs

« Reply #16 on: 24 Jun 2007, 07:36 pm »
Started February 8th and reached 35 about two weeks ago, holding it steady becomes the challenge now....but it doesn't seem like it will be too hard, my new eating habits are pretty ingrained at this point...

ctviggen

« Reply #17 on: 24 Jun 2007, 07:41 pm »
Did you do that solely from changing eating habits, or did you also use exercise?  I've lost around 50 pounds and kept it off, but through a combination of diet and exercise.  I actually lost around 70 pounds, but I gained some back.  I'm now losing again.

arthurs

« Reply #18 on: 24 Jun 2007, 07:47 pm »
almost all eating habit changes...I play some hoops with my boys a couple times a week, I swim 3 or 4 times a week, and I have 1.3 acres that gives me a workout a couple times a week to maintain...but I have never been good at sticking with exercise as a fixed activity...

arthurs

« Reply #19 on: 24 Jun 2007, 07:48 pm »
Thought I would add I'm doing my own modified version of Nutri Systems, but used theirs for the first 45 days to get going...