Naim NS-101 digital music server?

grsimmon

• Restricted
  • Omni - the best way forward
Naim NS-101 digital music server?
« on: 23 Jun 2007, 06:41 am »
Maybe too early for me to ask, but....

Is Tone considering a review of Naim's NS-101 or their other music servers?    By any miracle,   does anyone out there own one yet, and could provide any opinions?  I'm guessing it's somewhat similar to the McIntosh MS 300 / 750 units,  but I'm not sure.
  Thanks, GR

TONEPUB

Re: Naim NS-101 digital music server?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2007, 11:26 pm »
Hi There:

Just curious, where did you see the info on this?  I haven't seen it (or perhaps just didn't catch it)
anywhere on either the US or UK Naim website. I'll call my buddies at NAIM next week!

We are working on the McIntosh music server and it should be up on our website in a few
weeks in the online reviews.  There is also a squeezebox and Transporter review coming.

The Sooloos will be in our August issue, and going forward we are going to dedicate more
space to music servers.  As much as I love analog, this is definitely the future and now
that I have a sooloos of my own, I enjoy it tremendously!

Thanks for the tip!

grsimmon

• Restricted
  • Omni - the best way forward
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2007, 11:40 pm »
Check out:

www.naimnet.com

- or you can go directly to their full-info brochure at:

www.naimnet.com/download/pdf/Naimnet_Brochure.pdf

I have no affiliation with these guys whatsoever, I'm just joe average.   But,  I think this stuff looks pretty cool and is the future of a lot of hi-fi.  The question is,  could I afford it...

TONEPUB

« Reply #3 on: 25 Jun 2007, 04:22 pm »
Again, thanks for the heads up!

I'll get in touch with the guys at Naim and you will probably see this here at some point in time.
We will be concentrating on a lot more of this as we go forward, because I agree with
you that this is really the future of music.

I love accessing music this way!  I have been listening to a lot more music that way!