Parasound CDP/transport on Audiogon

Tonto Yoder

« on: 18 Aug 2003, 11:56 am »
This belt-drive CDP has been mentioned favorably on this forum.
Larry Weinstein of Hollywood Sound has one unit listed on Audiogon--
http://show.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/sh.pl?0&1&adlr&Hwdsound&home&

Click "Steals and deals" and look under used gear.

FWIW, I've dealt with Larry on several occasions, buying my current speakers from him and a second hand TT. He's always been quite trustworthy, so I wouldn't hesitate to patronize him. The price seems in line with what psychicanimal paid for his--not exactly a no-brainer bargain, but certainly not out of line.

An anecdote that speaks to Larry's good character: a B&K preamp I have had an intermittent problem (common I've learned to this model). I paid Sound Advice $80 upfront to fix the problem, but they claimed there was nothing wrong (TWICE).  Larry knew about the B&K's service tendency,
and fixed it free when I bought my TT.  I wish I had gone to Larry first, but Sound Advice supposedly was a B&K authorized service center so I thought they would be more expert (I was obviously wrong).

Hantra

« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2003, 06:57 pm »
I hear good things about Larry as well, but I will say that he doesn't respond to any of my e-mails.  

IMO, if a guy is going to PUBLISH an e-mail, then answer e-mails.  If you don't want to, and you'd rather get calls, DON'T publish an e-mail contact. . .