Force XL specification question please...

NewBuyer

Force XL specification question please...
« on: 18 Jun 2007, 11:43 pm »
Hello Mike,

What please is the input impedance for the Force XL's standard RCA inputs? Also please, what is the output impedance for its hi-pass RCA outputs? :?:

Thanks in advance...

Mike Dzurko

Re: Force XL specification question please...
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2007, 12:07 pm »
The input impedance is 10K . .  . this works well with pretty much any preamp or processor that I'm aware of. Literally 1000s used successfully in different system configurations.

We don't recomment using the preamp output, it is really a hold over and not completely transparent sonically . . .  go with the passive inline filters instead.

BTW, the speaker level converters are 22K.

NewBuyer

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2007, 02:54 am »
The input impedance is 10K . .  . this works well with pretty much any preamp or processor that I'm aware of. Literally 1000s used successfully in different system configurations.

We don't recomment using the preamp output, it is really a hold over and not completely transparent sonically . . .  go with the passive inline filters instead.

Hey thanks Mike, that does help. By the way, what would you say are the sonic compromises when using the preamp outs - what sonic shortcomings have you noticed from them? Very curious what the output impedance value is, for these preamp outs... :?:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2007, 12:53 pm »

Hey thanks Mike, that does help. By the way, what would you say are the sonic compromises when using the preamp outs - what sonic shortcomings have you noticed from them? Very curious what the output impedance value is, for these preamp outs... :?:

It's been years since I've used the subwoofer highpass outputs. I believe they are second-order at 100Hz . . . a holdover from the pre-Dolby Digital age . . . .