Olive Musica 160gb in Silver; extensive mods + extras

draco

I have a fully modded Olive Musica for sale. The unit is in pristine condition (not a mark anywhere) and is probably closer to a 9/10. The unit has been modded by Butternut Audio of Vermont (famous for modding Rega turntables). The mod package costs $800 and is similar to the package offered by Wayne at Boulder cables and includes improved power supply, analog & dac sections, capacitors and absorbant materials.

As a result, the unit runs cool and quiet. You will NEVER hear the hard drive. This is the 4th hard drive server that I have owned, including another Olive Musica, Cambridge Audio 640H and Integra, in search of the holy grail.
I sold the others because of glitches with freez-ups, inferior dacs and that I could hear the hard drive (especially when importing/burning CDs) from my listening position 10 ft. away.

In comparison, this unit is absolutely quiet, CDs have an organic turntable-like sound (external dac not needed) and I have never experienced a harddrive glitch in the 3 months that I have used this unit. I am closing on a new house soon and have been "asked" by spouse to get rid of "toys".

Shipping, paypal and $90 Tara Labs toslink cable included at asking price. Unit has about 300 songs (mostly oldies/modern/classic rock) that I will leave in unless you want me to erase. Harddrive is still about 90% empty.

draco

Re: Olive Musica 160gb in Silver; extensive mods + extras
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2007, 06:45 pm »
I have a fully modded Olive Musica for sale. The unit is in pristine condition (not a mark anywhere) and is probably closer to a 9/10. The unit has been modded by Butternut Audio of Vermont (famous for modding Rega turntables). The mod package costs $800 and is similar to the package offered by Wayne at Boulder cables and includes improved power supply, analog & dac sections, capacitors and absorbant materials.

As a result, the unit runs cool and quiet. You will NEVER hear the hard drive. This is the 4th hard drive server that I have owned, including another Olive Musica, Cambridge Audio 640H and Integra, in search of the holy grail.
I sold the others because of glitches with freez-ups, inferior dacs and that I could hear the hard drive (especially when importing/burning CDs) from my listening position 10 ft. away.

In comparison, this unit is absolutely quiet, CDs have an organic turntable-like sound (external dac not needed) and I have never experienced a harddrive glitch in the 3 months that I have used this unit. I am closing on a new house soon and have been "asked" by spouse to get rid of "toys".

Shipping, paypal and $90 Tara Labs toslink cable included at asking price. Unit has about 300 songs (mostly oldies/modern/classic rock) that I will leave in unless you want me to erase. Harddrive is still about 90% empty.

Oops - forgot to mention price for AC Members: $1150 obo (in the ballpark please)  :). Thankx for looking.