Yesterday was Hagtech Day 70 Miles From Nowhere

Bill Epstein

Yesterday was Hagtech Day 70 Miles From Nowhere
« on: 14 Jun 2007, 12:19 pm »
Began by ordering a Piccolo 1/2 kit and parts.

Then got together with Steve Brown to scope out re-doing my Cornet 2 in a bigger box to accomodate Cinemag step-ups I acquired before the Piccolo announcement. :duh:

Steel Hammond 10x17x3 will be fully lined with copper foil attached with Abzorb gooey damping film. Cinemags will be in their own sub-enclosure made from TI copper layered RF shield. (Abzorb and TI Shield from Michael Percy along with EAR thingys for attaching stand-offs to the board.) Replacing R200 with Audio Note Tantalums and all the 220 ohm stoppers with Kiwames.

I had thought about including a MM/MC switch but Steve thought it would probably cause more noise problems than it was worth and with the Piccolo coming not really necessary.

Now I have to wait for parts. Digikey, the home of the backorder, is O/S on the wallwart, dammit. I hate waiting for parts.

machine

Re: Yesterday was Hagtech Day 70 Miles From Nowhere
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2007, 08:32 pm »
Waiting on my PS from Digi too since May 22nd.

They sent me a catalog right away, and I thought it was my order and was getting ready to do the build the following weekend.

I hate waiting!

analog97

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2007, 09:46 pm »
The Digi-key wall wart for the Piccolo is now expected to ship on 6/15.....that's the word from Digi-key.   I have heard this before...... :evil:

Bill Epstein

Re: Power Supply
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2007, 11:35 pm »
They were supposed to e-mail me with a shipping date but didn't. 6/15 is ok if true.

How hard could it be to find another 12 volt, what, 600mA was it, power supply? Maybe Mouser or Allied?

Anybody checked?

machine

« Reply #4 on: 14 Jun 2007, 11:47 pm »
Just got email that my order from May 22nd shipped!!!

Bill Epstein

« Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2007, 02:00 am »
Me too!  aa