Exodus EX6.5 Arrives

Bryce

Re: Exodus EX6.5 Arrives
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jun 2007, 08:02 am »
Looks excellent and am excited.  Did you decide to sell it outside of a kit?  And when will they be available for purchase do you think?

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #21 on: 13 Jun 2007, 04:27 pm »
Kevin,

Your post has me intrigued about the potential for an in wall design.
I've never seen or heard and in-wall speaker kit.  Can you point me to some additional reading on this or other similar designs?

I have a 42" flat panel LCD in my bedroom.  It would be nice to listen to movies with something other than the tv speakers.  In wall speakers would be the only way to go.

Thank you.

I don't know of any other kits.   Most in-wall speaker design is driven by cost & ease of install.    I don't know of anyone else offering an in-wall kit.    Its problematic because most in-walls just use the stud space for a box.    That is bad for quality designs for a number of reasons.    I'm designing something that will have a box that insets in the stud space and we will offer a little EQ to bring up the bottom-end of the small sealed box.

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #22 on: 13 Jun 2007, 04:39 pm »
Looks excellent and am excited.  Did you decide to sell it outside of a kit?  And when will they be available for purchase do you think?

I don't have immediate plans to offer raw drivers.   My vision for the Exodus products are as finished & kit products within the context of a proper design.   There are plenty of companies making raw drivers and I don't have any desire to get into OEM sales/design of loudspeaker transducers.     For the DIY speaker building audience there are several companies offering raw drivers.   Rather than try to compete with PE & Madisound I am playing to my strengths, which are in engineering and design of the completed systems.     

jmclean

« Reply #23 on: 15 Jun 2007, 03:08 pm »
Add me to the list of "people very interested in in-wall speaker kits."  I've been looking for what seems like years for that!  (Wasn't there something about a Silhouette model a few years ago?)

Jeff
Seattle

Kevin Haskins

« Reply #24 on: 18 Jun 2007, 04:19 pm »
Add me to the list of "people very interested in in-wall speaker kits."  I've been looking for what seems like years for that!  (Wasn't there something about a Silhouette model a few years ago?)

Jeff
Seattle

I did a design with the Extremis & the BG Neo3 that was a small sealed box with a linkwitz transform.    They where not in-wall designs but small thin monitors & a center channel.    They never got beyond the prototype stage for a number of reasons.     They did get to 25Hz flat in that small room at CES.   They would clip the amp at really high SPLs where I had them Eqed (UcD400) so we had a little too much boost.    :)