??? Sound through my centerspeaker when the SP1.7 is in bypass mode??

Hoiman

Very strange. I thought I hear something strange so I went listen to all off my speakers when I was listening to stereo in bypass mode, and yes I heard the music through my centerspeaker. Is/was this normal with the SP1.7 or does the SP2 have it to?

Levi

Nope.  My SP1.7 is dead quiet specially in 2ch by-pass mode. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Very strange. I thought I hear something strange so I went listen to all off my speakers when I was listening to stereo in bypass mode, and yes I heard the music through my centerspeaker. Is/was this normal with the SP1.7 or does the SP2 have it to?

Hi Hoiman,

With all the issues you are having that is either one screwed up SP1.7 or things are not connected properly.

james

jethro

Hoiman:

Does everything work correctly when you use the SP-1.7's built-in test tone ?

The test tone may have some weird behaviour on the front right and rear right
but you just want to test that the signal is coming from only the proper channel.
There is a thread discussing this test tone problem but I couldn't find it and I can't
remember what happens.

HTH

b5pt9

^ the test tone is distorted in RF and RR channels when "digital" input mode is selected - a bug in the s/w apparently.  Doesn't affect the SPL though, so you can still set the channel levels correctly.

Levi

You can run Avia or other sound calibration software with your source.  This should help sort things a bit.