AVP16: any news

Viclondon

AVP16: any news
« on: 5 Jun 2007, 09:39 pm »
I was interested in this processor for several reasons: Nuforce label, compact size, apparently good sound withouth too many whistles and bells, balanced outputs, reasonable price.
I have done a research on the web and have found very little about it.
Also I have the feeling that Nuforce itself does not seem to be promoting it much. Even other queries about it in this forum didn't get any replies.
Maybe Nuforce is preparing a replacement?
Anybody care to comment?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: AVP16: any news
« Reply #1 on: 6 Jun 2007, 01:51 pm »
Reason for low review:
1) Audiophile magazines are not interested in reviewing $995 AVP product (don't get much respect) but more importantly, they are focusing on amps, speakers etc. 
2) The main reason is (as you guess it) that we're not actively promoting it. Well, we almost sold out all our stocks and the inventory is very low right now. We feel that Chris Martin (The Absolute Sound) already wrote a good review (and Chris has a track record of producing very fair and sensible reviews, nothing extreme or off the wall).

We do plan to introduce another AVP but it will cost considerably more. If you don't care about HDMI switch, AVP-16 is a good choice.

Viclondon

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun 2007, 02:53 pm »
Thanks Jason for the reply,
I will look more into it as I don't need HDMI switching at the moment and tust Nuforce products.
I just wanted to be sure that it is not going to be discontinued soon.
BTW I am going to audion the Ref9SE v2 tomorrow, so maybe I will end up with an all Nuforce Hi-fi HT set up 8)

sac8d4

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2007, 05:15 pm »
check out http://www.hometheatersound.com/equipment/nuforce_avp16.htm as well... Btw, any other specs (besides HDMI switching) on the new AVP and how they might differ from the current AVP-16?

Audio-den

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2007, 05:35 pm »
I HAVE AVP 16 IN MY MAIN LISTING ROOM FOR STEREO  I HAVE IT FOR CD ONLY IN BYPASS MODE JUST AN OUTSTANDING PRE AMP FOR THE MONEY A MUST TRY UNIT   ENJOY ALAN

musicman06

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jun 2007, 08:00 pm »
It's also mentioned over on AVS in Zizzou's lengthy thread that often appears on the first couple pages of the amp section. I picked one up a few months ago haven't got a lot of hours on it, but I'm not complaining about it's performance for under $1k. I do have it mated to a $3k amp and $5k worth of speakers and I can't really tell which is the weak link in my setup.

hanggaw

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jul 2007, 02:34 pm »

We do plan to introduce another AVP but it will cost considerably more. If you don't care about HDMI switch, AVP-16 is a good choice.
[/quote]

Would you know what the timetable for this new AVP release is? I hope they add a subwoofer function in 2 channel mode.

cat75

« Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2007, 05:02 am »
AVP 16 is made for music not for movie !! :)
It sound light and soft with movie
 :green:

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2007, 11:32 am »
We can not add sub woofer function for 2 channel mode because it simply doens't work that way.
If you want the sub signal, then you need to use Dolby IIx and configure with other surround and back channel off.

If you find that the sub signal from AVP-16 is low, then you need to get a sub with +12db input. The sub signal from AVP-16 conforms to Dolby standard.  I have a REL Storm III with 0db and +12db inputs and I can get house shaking bass from my REL and AVP-16.

We sold out of all AVP-16. AVP-17 is AVP-16 with new front panel and HDMI switch bundle. Will publish photo and spec around end of August.  We have no AVP to ship now :cry:
If you want to buy a good AVP before we raise the price on AVP-17, you might be able to find one from our dealer's demo unit.

hanggaw

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jul 2007, 02:35 am »
We can not add sub woofer function for 2 channel mode because it simply doens't work that way.
If you want the sub signal, then you need to use Dolby IIx and configure with other surround and back channel off.

If you find that the sub signal from AVP-16 is low, then you need to get a sub with +12db input. The sub signal from AVP-16 conforms to Dolby standard.  I have a REL Storm III with 0db and +12db inputs and I can get house shaking bass from my REL and AVP-16.

We sold out of all AVP-16. AVP-17 is AVP-16 with new front panel and HDMI switch bundle. Will publish photo and spec around end of August.  We have no AVP to ship now :cry:
If you want to buy a good AVP before we raise the price on AVP-17, you might be able to find one from our dealer's demo unit.

The AVP17 is probably worth the wait then. When you mention HDMI switch bundle, does it mean HDMI 1.3a? I really sure hope so. As for the 2 channel with sub mode, I just wished it was just part of the software settings option (I know thats not happening!). I read a thread where some users wished that was the case. They also mentioned that using the dolby option doesn't sound as good as the 2-channel with sub option.