« on: 4 Jun 2007, 10:59 am »
two sets for sale on the GON just now.hummmm???? :D

TomS

Re: anyone for 5A's
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2007, 11:12 am »
Both from the same seller even...  must be nice

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2007, 11:13 am »
If you want a pair at a better price (also with a premium finish - birdseye maple), shoot me a PM as I will be selling mine shortly.

BY far the best speakers I have owned, but I have decided to take some money out of my 2 channel system.

George

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2007, 09:22 pm »
If you want a pair at a better price (also with a premium finish - birdseye maple), shoot me a PM as I will be selling mine shortly.

BY far the best speakers I have owned, but I have decided to take some money out of my 2 channel system.

George

Good grief! :o  You never stop, do you? :lol:  What are you trying next?  Or going back to the HT3's perhaps? 

My Dad is the same way with guns- he's owned hundreds and hundreds of different ones, and often trades or sells one after just a couple weeks.  We have a joke in my family that an heirloom is a gun that's been in the collection for 3 months. :wink:  Me, I like to try new stuff but I'm sort of a stick in the mud.  I've only had my current speakers for about a year, but the ones they replaced served me well for five years.  The ones they replaced were only in my rig for a few months, but the pair prior to that served for seven years.

Nothing wrong with that, just like I said- I'm a stick in the mud. :lol:

Still, when I can afford my own HT3's I'll probaby be changing again. :drool:

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jun 2007, 10:23 pm »

George

Good grief! :o  You never stop, do you? :lol:  What are you trying next?  Or going back to the HT3's perhaps? 

My Dad is the same way with guns- he's owned hundreds and hundreds of different ones, and often trades or sells one after just a couple weeks.  We have a joke in my family that an heirloom is a gun that's been in the collection for 3 months. :wink:  Me, I like to try new stuff but I'm sort of a stick in the mud.  I've only had my current speakers for about a year, but the ones they replaced served me well for five years.  The ones they replaced were only in my rig for a few months, but the pair prior to that served for seven years.

Nothing wrong with that, just like I said- I'm a stick in the mud. :lol:

Still, when I can afford my own HT3's I'll probaby be changing again. :drool:

Rob,

You are correct in that I do like to try stuff.  Although I do tend to own speakers for "longer" periods of time. 

In this case, I still stand by the 5A's being the best speakers I have owned or seriously listened to.

However, they are very expensive and I am hoping to come close to their performance for less money.

I am going to try and achieve this by going with a new speaker that isn't even out yet called the RSL II.  This new speaker is being brought to market by Mark Schifter, Arnie Nudell, and Bascom King. 

I have decided to sell my HT3's as well and they will be going to a very good home (a member here on AC) later this summer.

I would have kept my HT3's except for the fact that I want to go back to lower powered tube amps.

So as Chris (aka Mr. Wolfy) says:  "The Circle goes around and around."

George

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 4 Jun 2007, 10:35 pm »
Is the RSL II being sold thru AV123?  I remember hearing about it once but didn't get much details.  Do you have any links I could check out?  I've been considering the LS6s myself.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 4 Jun 2007, 10:36 pm »
Ooops- forgot this is an ad, not a discussion thread. :oops:  Didn't mean to sidetrack this, 2bigears...

Jon L

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jun 2007, 10:57 pm »
Ooops- forgot this is an ad, not a discussion thread. :oops:  Didn't mean to sidetrack this, 2bigears...

For discussion, I created RSL II thread here  :wink:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=41718.new#new

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 4 Jun 2007, 11:08 pm »
Thanks!  I'll keep an eye on them, although they're a ways out of my price range.

Btw, George- aren't they even more expensive than your Vandy's? :scratch:

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 4 Jun 2007, 11:11 pm »
Thanks!  I'll keep an eye on them, although they're a ways out of my price range.

Btw, George- aren't they even more expensive than your Vandy's? :scratch:

Nope.

The Vandy 5A's list for $21k in the premium finish I have (Birdseye Maple), while the RSL II's will have an intro price of $12k, going up to $14k or so after the intro period ends.

George

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 4 Jun 2007, 11:13 pm »
Oh, I see.  Somehow I was thinking you said you bought 'em used and got a great deal.  I was thinking around $11k. :oops:  I'm getting senile before my time. :duh: :lol:

Have you ever listened to the Epiphanies, George?

2bigears

« Reply #11 on: 5 Jun 2007, 07:01 am »
12 intro,going to 14k after.i was told 20k for these new RSL-2.what can the truth be???? :D  i really do wish i could compare the Zu Defs to the Van 5A'S.always been really interested in the 5A's.living in the sticks really sucks.....these are two differant speaker designs miles apart but......some day!!!! :D

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 5 Jun 2007, 07:16 am »
12 intro,going to 14k after.i was told 20k for these new RSL-2.what can the truth be???? :D  i really do wish i could compare the Zu Defs to the Van 5A'S.always been really interested in the 5A's.living in the sticks really sucks.....these are two differant speaker designs miles apart but......some day!!!! :D

You think you live in the sticks- I live in Watertown, SD! :o  That's practically another planet. :lol:

2bigears

« Reply #13 on: 5 Jun 2007, 07:36 am »

'""Oh, I see.  Somehow I was thinking you said you bought 'em used and got a great deal.  I was thinking around $11k.""  :D .................. i got 10k layin' round for a speaker experiment.think George will go for that???? sounds good on this end. :)

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 5 Jun 2007, 10:28 am »

'""Oh, I see.  Somehow I was thinking you said you bought 'em used and got a great deal.  I was thinking around $11k.""  :D .................. i got 10k layin' round for a speaker experiment.think George will go for that???? sounds good on this end. :)

$10k...not a chance. 

George