Just now got around to watching DD

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 13 Aug 2003, 05:27 am »
Well, after several weeks of seeing sitting on my shelf, I finally got around to watching DareDevil tonight.  Man, I'm glad I did!  Much more enjoyable than in the theater.

First, I've lately had a little bass problem in my system; I recently moved some stuff around, and afterwards my bass has been a little boomy.  After awhile it occured to me to check the bass mngmnt in my Denon.  Turns out the sub was set to "on" and the mains set to "large", creating some overlap.  :oops:  I was pulling my hair out as not everything was boomy, just certain things.

Anyway, with that straightened out it was better, but still not quite right.  After checking w/my test tones & SPL meter I started thinking I'd have to reset my parametric eq.  Odd, I thought, I didn't think I moved stuff enough to throw the bass off that much.

Then I noticed that in moving the sub amps the volume knobs got moved!  Man, the 3" diameter volume knob was the last thing I checked! :oops:  :oops:   Man, am I an HT wunderkind or what? :lol:

Anyway, with everything calibrated again, the system is sounding killer, really deep taut accurate bass and superb dynamics.  There definately isn't a multiplex in my neck of the woods that's in the same galaxy as my home HT rig.

Man, Jennifer Garner really fills out that pleather outfit! :o  :lol:

tmd

« Reply #1 on: 24 Aug 2003, 09:04 pm »
So after all that, how is the movie? I saw it on the rental shelves lately and didn't bother as I hadn't heard much about it.