Carada screens

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Carada screens
« on: 3 Jun 2007, 08:25 pm »
Is anybody out there using their screens?

If so, can you please let me know what you think of the Carada products?

What size are you using?

What screen fabric?

What pj?

Thanks,

George

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Carada screens
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jun 2007, 11:01 pm »
Anybody?

George

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jun 2007, 11:17 pm »
The next screen I buy will be a Carada.  I will be making one DIY screen first out of some Stewart Ultramatte that I'm getting basically for free.  You might have to try Audioholics or AVS Forums for guys that actually own one.  I haven't seen one and am going on the strengh of lots of reviews and a few guys whos opinions I trust.  FWIW the BW material measures very very similar to Draper M1300 and seems to have as good of color accuracy as the higher end Stewarts, if you can trust the reviews.

porsche951

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2007, 11:32 pm »
I'm using a 100 inch Carada bw with my Mits. hd1000. I bought the Criterion model with the wider frame. The black velvet frame gives an excellent contrast and the the screen material works great with my projector. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Mike Dzurko

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 5 Jun 2007, 01:37 am »
102"  A couple of years old . . . bought the screen and the Sanyo PJ as interim solutions and have enjoyed the H out of both.  When time permits, will upgrade the PJ, but the Carada screen will remain . . .  using the neutral white . . .  flawless :)  Planning on using Carada on another project as well . . .

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 6 Jun 2007, 10:35 pm »
HAd one, very good for the money.  I needed more gain the PJ could not produce so I moved up to the Silver Star from Vutec.  Sparklies are there, but picture is definitely brighter than the 1.4 gain Carada BW.

Pete