Isotek G II Minisub and Bryston

niels

Isotek G II Minisub and Bryston
« on: 29 May 2007, 10:27 am »
Anyone with experiences ?

Levi

Re: Isotek G II Minisub and Bryston
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2007, 11:42 am »
I never heard of Isotek G II Minisub.  I use REL with Bryston and they are excellent.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2007, 01:06 pm »
I never heard of Isotek G II Minisub.  I use REL with Bryston and they are excellent.

I have Rels as well and would concur.

Levi

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2007, 01:51 pm »
+1 :thumb:

niels

Levi

« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2007, 04:31 pm »
Thanks for the link.  It's obvious I never heard of the product.  My SP1.7 is attached to Lightspeed filter which connected to Richard Gray piggy backed to another Richard Gray which connected to a MonsterCable voltage regulator on a dedicated 20Amp circuit.  My Bryston Amp is connected to the wall. 

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 29 May 2007, 05:29 pm »
Have not heard of them.  I have a couple of Richard Gray units (one piggybacked off the other which is on the other side of the wall in the bedroom system, a Vansevers and a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet for the projector in the main system).  I heard the Torrus a couple of weeks back and will be auditioning it some more.

niels

« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2007, 05:31 pm »
Yes, normally I see amps plugged directly in the wall....

brucek

« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2007, 08:21 pm »
I'd have to give a thumbs down to that product. From the link you provided I see the unit has two outlets designed for power amplifiers and are limited to 10 amps. This is not really sufficient for Bryston power amps...

brucek

niels

« Reply #9 on: 29 May 2007, 09:50 pm »
See your point, but my "Baby Bryston" isnt that hungry, and I never play loud. Only have 10A from the breaker box in the livingroom anyway. But, thanks for the replies, I think I will concentrate on decent wire from the outlet up to the amp first of all, and install grounded outlets.

Gustavo

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jul 2008, 04:59 pm »
Niels,

I have been using and isotek minisub GII for two months with my 4b SST and I decide to switch back to the ps audio duet. The minisub is not able to deliver enough power to the 4B, in some situations at mid to high level of SPL there is a noticeable restrain of dynamics, also with the minisub the sound turn brighter and rather aggressive.
I switched back to the ps audio duet because doesn’t have power restriction, nevertheless the duet doesn’t have the big filter capabilities of the minisub.

I also tested the minisub with a nad S300 and the matching was excellent. I can figure out that S300 has similar power requirements as the B100 so probably minisub can work ok for you.

Hope this helps.