The Police - Live Hatfield

PhilNYC

The Police - Live Hatfield
« on: 27 May 2007, 12:52 pm »
I've been on a YouTube tear, watching a bunch of videos.  Came across clips from an old Police concert circa 1979...saw this years ago, and it is one of my favorite concert performances by the Police ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4_cplfbCeo

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: The Police - Live Hatfield
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2007, 02:49 pm »
Thanks.  That gig must have been a great one; all the clips are good.

It will be very interesting to see how The Police pull off this reunion tour.  As Stewart Copeland remarked, when you go to places like Bonnaroo (I saw Radiohead there last year...WOW) the faithful expect some different unique setlist.  As most know, Radiohead has not repeated a setlist since the early 90's (ala The Dead, etc.).  Stewzrt claims that the fans of this reunion tour have bought tix for mutliple venues, and that the group needs to have the ability to mix it up, or it will let down the faithful.  He even refers to Bonaroo, where likely 110,000+ will be in attendance.  They have their work cut out for them, but the good news is they have a great catalog to choose from!.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: The Police - Live Hatfield
« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2007, 03:52 am »

It will be very interesting to see how The Police pull off this reunion tour.  As Stewart Copeland remarked, when you go to places like Bonnaroo (I saw Radiohead there last year...WOW) the faithful expect some different unique setlist.  As most know, Radiohead has not repeated a setlist since the early 90's (ala The Dead, etc.).  Stewzrt claims that the fans of this reunion tour have bought tix for mutliple venues, and that the group needs to have the ability to mix it up, or it will let down the faithful.  He even refers to Bonaroo, where likely 110,000+ will be in attendance.  They have their work cut out for them, but the good news is they have a great catalog to choose from!.
Seems the Police are doing quiet well with this reunion tour...... :thumb: