• Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Bybee S-Video adapter
« on: 10 Aug 2003, 06:49 pm »
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2011, 01:06 am by satfrat »

bubba966

Re: Bybee S-Video adapter
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2003, 06:42 am »
Quote from: satfrat
Bubba, I`m anxious to hear your opinions.

Well, I'll let you know what I think of it when I play with one. I've not ordered one, but Wayne did express interest in letting me play with one at some point.

Though I'd be using it for my High Def LD player. So I might get a bit better results as I'm dealing with high quality analog source.

We'll see...

Wayne1

Bybee S-Video adapter
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2003, 02:12 pm »
I still do plan on sending one to Bubba for "review"

I used up the last of my current stock of smaller Bybbes building his Naplam :)

I do have more on the way from Jack and I can hopefully build it for him soon.

The next thing you vidiots need to try is the Bybee RF purifier. It really helps on DSS signals and should even help out your C-band, Robin.

BTW congrats on your purchase of your new speakers. Klaus is a GREAT guy. I am sure you will notice a BIG improvement over your Bose.

Keep me in mind if you ever want to replace you speaker cables :lol:

ROB968323

Bybee S-Video adapter
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2003, 02:25 pm »
Wayne,

I've got a newbie question for you.  Can you use the Bybees along with Shakti products?  Have you tried this and what were the effects?

Thanks,

Rob

Wayne1

Bybee S-Video adapter
« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2003, 02:34 pm »
Rob,

I have never used any of the Shakti products so I cannot give first hand information.

I think Dan Wright of ModWright has used the Shakti and Bybees together and does like the combo. I do know that Audiojerry really likes the Shakti products.

Sorry for not being more help.

Wayne1

Bybee S-Video adapter
« Reply #5 on: 16 Sep 2003, 01:57 pm »
Robin,

I have Dish Network and there was quite a difference with the Bybee installed.

The same things you have noticed with the S-video adaptor are there in the RF.

It will NOT cure the overly compressed effects that a lot of the network feeds have. On a GOOD feed, you will notice deeper color and increased definition. The black level seems to get "blacker" so there very well could be better "dynamics".

If you add another Bybee to your signal chain, you may have to retune you set. I know I have to retune my VMPS speakers quite often when I make changes upstream. The same thing might have to be done for the different sources into your video monitor.

I have run low on smaller Bybees again and have just reordered from Jack. If I can fit it in before VSAC, I will try to build an RF purifier for you so you can try in the C band system and then maybe try out on the pizza dish systems.

bubba966

Bybee S-Video adapter
« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2003, 06:36 pm »
I got the S-Vid adapter along with my Cryo'd Napalm Ultra on Friday.

I've not had a chance to try out the S-Vid yet, though I'm planning on messing with it a bit later today. Will try it out on LD, & PAL DVD.

I'm hoping that it'll clean up the PAL converted DVD signal as I've not been so pleased at the level of quality I get from my video standards transcoder. It seems the cleaner the PAL signal is into the transcoder, the better the NTSC output is after conversion. So if the Bybee adapter can clean up the signal significantly, then I should get a much improved picture when watching all of my PAL DVD's.

bubba966

Bybee S-Video adapter
« Reply #7 on: 30 Sep 2003, 03:19 am »
I forgot to ask Wayne if he'd had time to burn-in the S-Vid adapter before he sent it up here, and if so in which direction. Add to that I've not got a whole lot of time this week to test it as I'd like to (both at my place, and on a Runco 9" CRT at a friends place).

So I'm running it on a color bar test patern generated from my video standards transcoder. Will run it like so until I get a chance to play with it more in depth next week.

Don't know why everything had to happen this week... :shake:

bubba966

Bybee S-Video adapter
« Reply #8 on: 30 Sep 2003, 01:48 pm »
Yes, the signal only travels in one direction.

But the adapter could be put on either end of the cable. Swap ends, and you reverse the signal through the adapter.

Wayne1

Bybee S-Video adapter
« Reply #9 on: 30 Sep 2003, 02:00 pm »
Bubba,

I have only run that adaptor a short time plugged into the back of my TV.

It wasn't really burned in when I sent it to you.

Thanks for all the care you are taking with the testing of the S-Video and Bybee Ultra Napalm.

I hope to able able to finally visit with you at VSAC.

Fell free to bring that Napalm up. You have the only one.