About interconnect cable with ref. 8b

jamesref8b

About interconnect cable with ref. 8b
« on: 21 May 2007, 05:44 pm »
Hi every expert,
  I use a tube peramp use ECC88 x 2 SRPP circuit. to connect ref. 8b to drive ATC SCM7.  I want to improve the detail and hi & low frequency performance.  Please give me some idea and comment.  In Nu Force web site, it use "Stealth"  this wire.  How about of its performance with tube amp.
I hope you all enjoy in your system!

regards :D
James
22 May 2007

mmakshak

Re: About interconnect cable with ref. 8b
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2007, 02:10 pm »
  I'm not sure how the recommended Stealth sounds, but Frank Alles recommended Signal Cable Silver Resolution cabling-which I bought.  I don't know how this compares to the Stealth, but I consider the Signal Cable Silver Resolution interconnect and speaker cable a good baseline recommendation for the Nuforce amps.  Most likely, you are beyond this baseline, and Nuforce does a lot of listening with other stuff used on their products.  If Nuforce recommends it, and you can afford it, I'de investigate it.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2007, 05:43 am »
We didn't really spend much effort or time to evaluate many cables out. That's the reviewers job. We can't have too many variables in our system.  You might be shocked to learn that the listening test is the last thing we do when developing our V2. We can pretty much correlate the sonic performance with science.  But high-end audio is not all science (or put it in another way is that good sounding music is still too complex and we haven't been able to quantify every aspect of it).  That's where Casey does his magic.  He is very familiar with the design so under his supervision, our chief engineer implement things that not only measured good, but sounded good.

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2007, 02:17 am »
In our reference setup, we do use ruthlessly revealing cables, the Stealth Indra (RCA from CD to P-9), and XLR from P-9 to Ref9SEV2.

The speakers are our very own S9, driven with Stealth Hybrid MLT. Power cords are Nuforce stock cords.

Our CDP is the Marantz SA11S1.

For obvious reason, we prefer using cables that are high-resolution, full spectrum, and tonally neutral.  Serguei/Stealth and I went back more than 10-years, and we share the same idea of how music should be reproduced, hence the extensive use of Serguei's cable. 

beachbum

• Vinyl Delivers all of the Music
« Reply #4 on: 16 Jun 2007, 03:20 pm »
Cassy the price of the indra cables is more than the cost of most of the equipment you are using do you believe that to get the ultimate sound this is necessary?

togil

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2007, 04:18 pm »
At least they are not using Nordost Odin ... :)