And now?

giannettino

And now?
« on: 20 May 2007, 07:45 am »
Well..
at tis time i have the P9 in the rack..a couple of Se on the floor (V" next step..), semms to me i (we) need "brick style" CD player, maybe a Transport with a dac..a perfect "P9 like" combo!!!!
Nothing on the way :drool:??

Ciao
Gianni

Mattiu

Re: And now?
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2007, 02:44 pm »
... yes, I would put myself in the same queue, and let me also add: why not a NuForce branded line of cables to complete the scenario? :wink:
... Jason one time has referred to copper oxygen-free and cryogenic treated, as a very good and cost-effective solution, isn't it?  :drool:

Ciao,
Matteo.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2007, 02:36 pm »
With regards to source, we have a few R&D projects going on.  One closest to release is a PC in Ref 9 chassis. Don't laugh. Intel core-duo CPU, fanless, all the PC I/O (ethernet, firewire, USB, serial ports), plus S-video, HDMI, coaxial/SPDIF out, 7.1 surround sound decoded output, etc + DVD/CD.  Oh, plus 3.5" harddisk all inside a Ref series chassis.  Yes, it is going to run Windows Vista.
For audio listening, take the SPDIF out into a high performance DAC (also future Nuforce product) and then to P-9.

Ok, as you can guess, R&D project might not make it into a product if we hit some roadblock or receive poor response. Is this something you want?

giannettino

« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2007, 04:00 pm »
_CUT -

Ok, as you can guess, R&D project might not make it into a product if we hit some roadblock or receive poor response. Is this something you want?

Hi Jason
seems intriguing, especially if you consider the DRC "skills" in Vista, in all cases..we can use as pc based room correction system..not too bad :thumb:
Of course no way for SACD i suppose :wink:

Oh well. next step is V2 SE!!

Ciao
Gianni Cimbalo

P.S.: as usual..i apologize for my English
P.P.S.: no idea abou change of ID on this forum (little OT..excuse me..)

EDS_

« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2007, 04:04 pm »
With regards to source, we have a few R&D projects going on.  One closest to release is a PC in Ref 9 chassis. Don't laugh. Intel core-duo CPU, fanless, all the PC I/O (ethernet, firewire, USB, serial ports), plus S-video, HDMI, coaxial/SPDIF out, 7.1 surround sound decoded output, etc + DVD/CD.  Oh, plus 3.5" harddisk all inside a Ref series chassis.  Yes, it is going to run Windows Vista.
For audio listening, take the SPDIF out into a high performance DAC (also future Nuforce product) and then to P-9.

I'm not laughing...that is a great idea.