Has anybody picked up the new Wilco cd - Sky Blue Sky?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
What do you think about it?

I am going to try and run out and grab it this afternoon.

George

Airborn

Re: Has anybody picked up the new Wilco cd - Sky Blue Sky?
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2007, 05:03 pm »
Hey George,

I just posted my impressions in the "What are you listening to right now" thread.  I have listened to the cd once and am not sure what I think, which I often find to be the case with Wilco due to the changing membership and sound of the band from album to album.  I usually end up liking it all though. :thumb:  I think the same will be true for this album.  One thing is clear, Nels Cline rocks. :guitar:  "Impossible Germany" is a good track and so are several others.  If you like Wilco at all, it's definitely worth getting.

PeteG

« Reply #2 on: 19 May 2007, 02:47 am »
I like it more than "A ghost Is Born", but that's just me.

Pete

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 19 May 2007, 06:29 pm »
I have gone through the whole cd a few times now and I am really liking it.

While it doesn't sound exactly like any of their previous cd's, it sounds like parts of each made it into Sky Blue Sky.

Songs are very melodic, well constructed, and lighter sounding than the last few cd's.  I also think it is more solid from the first to the last song, with no weak links or filler songs.

I also agree with Airborn that Nils rocks!!  His guitar play helps elevate the enjoyment of the cd.

Overall, this is very good to excellent release and highly recommended.   :thumb: :thumb:

George

robert1325

« Reply #4 on: 19 May 2007, 06:35 pm »
I've listened to it a couple of times,  the guitar work is nice but that's about it for me.  Can't help but being very bored listening to this.    Yankee hotel foxtrot is still my favorite Wilco album. I think It's a modern day "Abbey road"  :thumb:   

The_KiD

« Reply #5 on: 19 May 2007, 06:47 pm »
I picked it up on Tuesday and have listened to a couple of times now and I feel it is a solid record. I also like it much better than "A ghost is born" as well and love the new guitar work.  I think Wilco's work is consistently interesting and enjoyable.

Chris