The wonderfull SP2, it's specially made for me.

Hoiman

The wonderfull SP2, it's specially made for me.
« on: 16 May 2007, 07:04 am »
I live in The Netherlands and 2,5 weeks ago a heard Bryston for the first time and was immediatly in love with the sound of it.
I heard the SP 1.7 and I liked what I heard so I ordered the SP2, don't how it's sound. But I thought "it must be better because this one is newer".

The only problem is now that I have to wait a long time because it isn't in stock anywhere.
So now it's specially made for me by Bryston (well that's what the importeur told me)  :thumb:

But it suprised me that Bryston didn't have one in stock, is this an articel that doesn't sell enough or does it sell so much that they're out of stock?

But I still like it that it is specially made for me (if this is tru)  :thumb:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: The wonderfull SP2, it's specially made for me.
« Reply #1 on: 16 May 2007, 11:14 am »
Hi Holman,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for purchasing an SP2 -much appreciated.

The SP2 is very popular and we do make each one by hand (as we do with all Bryston products) so it is not always available immediately from stock. We have had some very good reviews lately on the SP2 so we are a little behind at the moment.

So yes when we get the order from our distributor we will be building your SP2 "just for you"

james

Hoiman

« Reply #2 on: 16 May 2007, 12:42 pm »
"just for you"

Well the funniest thing is that I'm the only one who ordered one in the Netherlands so when I called the distributor he immediatlly know at which store I ordered it.
Thanks for your reply.

Bryston is the first firm I get the feeling that they really listen to their costumers.  :thumb:

« Last Edit: 16 May 2007, 01:25 pm by Hoiman »

Mag

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2007, 12:06 am »
That's the motto for our taxi company, "Service Sells!"

Burke

« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2007, 02:25 am »
Hoiman,

Since you loved the sound of the SP1.7, you will be even more thrilled with the SP2. It is not just new, it is incredible -- well worth the wait. They take their time and do it right. It has been just over a month since I accepted delivery on mine, after waiting almost that long from the time of my order to receipt at the dealer (actually about three weeks) and every time I listen to music or enjoy a movie while playing the soundtrack through it, I am glad I mustered the patience to wait to get this unit through my local authorized Bryston dealer instead of jumping for something of lesser quality that someone else had in stock. The sound is revelatory: detailed without being overly analytical, coherent, properly supportive of the sound stage the speakers are capable of laying out, and absolutely non-fatiguing with extended listening.

I'm guessing that you probably have a decent power amp and source component along with some really fine speakers to bring out best from the SP2's exquisite performance. Just to calibrate its performance in relation to some other equipment I've tried over the years, I've auditioned it with some lesser components I had laying about, including the amplifier section of an old receiver, and it acquitted itself quite well even with those. However, you really get the value of your investment by mating it with other first class components such as a Bryston 9B and Magnepan speakers all around.

Hope you get your SP2 before too long, and then enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine! (I'm glad I had one "specially made for me", too.)

Burke

Hoiman

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2007, 07:30 am »
I'm guessing that you probably have a decent power amp and source component along with some really fine speakers to bring out best from the SP2's exquisite performance.

Yes I ordered also an 4B-SST for the stereo speakers and a Arcam P35-3 for the center and surround speakers (the 6B-SST was to expensive for me, it cost here in The Netherlands more than $10,000.=).

The stereo speakers and center are modified Phonars, the only original thing on this speakers are the frame.
And the surround speakers are Linn Tukan, or maybe in future also the modified Phonars.

The DVD-player is an Arcam DV139.

This weekend are the speakers and the 4B-SST coming and a get an SP1.7 as an loaner.
So this is going to be a very exciting weekend.