Any reviews of Nuforce 9 v2 or 9SE v2 yet?

mcullinan

Any reviews of Nuforce 9 v2 or 9SE v2 yet?
« on: 14 May 2007, 02:02 pm »
Just curious as I am anticipating an upgrade in my near future. :D
Mike

Nuforce 9.02 paired with Monitor Audio Silver RS6, Velodyne HGS-12, Audible lllusions Mod3A preamp, Lavry DA10 DAC, Squeezebox 3!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Any reviews of Nuforce 9 v2 or 9SE v2 yet?
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2007, 11:04 am »
We just sent out Ref 9 V2 to several reviewers and more will be going out.  The process will take some time since we're asking them to review both Ref 9 V2 and Ref 9 V2 SE.

manolis

« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2007, 02:08 pm »
Hi Mike
My name is Manolis and I would like to ask you if the combos Nuforce - Lavry-sqeezebox is good!, because I have as you A pair of Nuforce 9.02 and I thinking to buy a Lavry and a SB 3.My Cd is Creek CD53 and the Speakers are the Rogers LS 5/9.
Whats your opinion about it?
thanks
Manolis

mcullinan

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2007, 07:48 pm »
Manolis,
I would its a great way to go if you are looking for a neutral accurate representation of a recorded piece. There is also an undigitalness about the Lavry Dac, making for a really nice pacing/timing to the music. The Lavry adds an evenness throughout the listening spectrum, nothing is too forward or too recessed and had a great sense of detail.

I can only compare it to an older DAC that I had, the Theta Chroma 396. Fat bass, pushed forward highs, all over me like a bad suit, creating listening fatigue quickly. I kept buying new sets of speakers, saying hey whats going on here! With half a smile an a headache. Saying half hearted, wow this sounds uh, great.. not so good.

The Lavry definitely solved my front end fatigue sorrows. That's not to say that if your listening to a crap recording its going to change anything though, you will still hear a bad recording.

Overall I would say its strengths are its even presentation and the power of its pacing, its subtle but it really brings out listening grins.

As for the Squeezebox... I love it, I have access to all the gigs of music on my Mac (Apple Lossless) and its easy to use, also goes great with Sirius if you have a subscription, plus the oodles of other on-line music sources.
God Luck.
Mike

togil

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2007, 08:34 am »

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2007, 12:29 am »
Looks like they were using the 1st pre-production V2 board (part of our field test before full production) on the SE. I did not notice any V2 logo on the left corner.

Be patient everyone. It will take a few months for all the V2 boards to get out there and reviews to be completed. The review will take longer as we are asking reviewers to compare Ref 9 V2 against 9 SE and then 9 V2SE.

shep

« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2007, 06:00 am »
That's a nice users review. Funny too.

referenceaudionz

« Reply #7 on: 29 May 2007, 12:22 pm »
Here's one - cold out of the box, all my previous reservations in using NuForce for my personal system vanished. With the Rev2, distortion seems to be floored. There's finally flesh behind the vocals and has me riveted without wanting to swap back a tube amp.

Maybe it's a fortunate combo: Bluenote Stibbert (cryo)tube CDP> Stealth Meatcarbon> Shindo Aurieges> Stealth Nanofiber> Ref9SE v2 & CrystalPower Reference cords on Devore Super 8's.
« Last Edit: 1 Jun 2007, 04:48 am by referenceaudionz »