Grado PH-1 Phone Pre

jcoat007

Grado PH-1 Phone Pre
« on: 7 Aug 2003, 04:26 pm »
Anyone use one of these with a Grado cart?  I have heard the synergy is very good.  

I am currently using a Grado Sonata with an eAR 834p.  

Thanks

Steve

beat

Grado PH-1 Phone Pre
« Reply #1 on: 8 Aug 2003, 05:27 pm »
I hope to soon!!
as soon as I get my new  tt built I will go with a sonata cart. I am using the ph1 now but running an ortofon cart. I still get decent results but I can hardly wait to install the grado.

BWentler

• In Christ, we are all saved!
RE:Grado Sonata
« Reply #2 on: 8 Aug 2003, 07:08 pm »
I started out with the Platium and then upgraded soon after to the Sonata.  Great improvement and great sound.

BTW beat, have you tube rolled or upgraded any of the insides of your PH1?  I was looking at getting one of thoses before going down a different path (which was WAY more expensive :cry: ).

Later...

jcoat007

Grado PH-1 Phone Pre
« Reply #3 on: 8 Aug 2003, 09:05 pm »
Is this a tube pre?  I have not seen that in any of the literature.

BWentler

RE: PH-1
« Reply #4 on: 8 Aug 2003, 09:25 pm »
I was speaking of the Audio Electronic Supply PH-1.  It's interesting; while trying to locate the manufacture of the PH-1 I was thinking of, I came across of several more phono stages with the model name of PH-1.  Audio Research is one of those companies.

Please accept my apologies for switching manufactures in this thread.  :oops:

The Grado is a solid stage phono stage that has received high praise from several owners on Audio Asylum, http://www.audioasylum.com.  Try doing a search there for the Grado PH-1 and see what you come up with.

Bruce

jcoat007

Grado PH-1 Phone Pre
« Reply #5 on: 8 Aug 2003, 09:28 pm »
Thanks Bruce.

BWentler

RE: grado PH-1
« Reply #6 on: 9 Aug 2003, 12:08 am »
Hey, great 2 channel system! :o

I got the same amps and the 2CE Sigs for speakers!  I just love how the Extreme mono's drive them!

jcoat007

Grado PH-1 Phone Pre
« Reply #7 on: 9 Aug 2003, 12:07 pm »
Thanks.

Yes, I concur.  The Vandy's need power and the Xtreme's drive them nicely.   :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D