Waiting for my Cherry (as in finish) OB 1's (James)

2Br02Btitq

Waiting for my Cherry (as in finish) OB 1's (James)
« on: 11 May 2007, 04:49 am »
Hi ALL, and you to James Tanner.

Have to say I love my Bryston gear.  Been a fan since 87.  Very recently I bought a BP26 MM/MC and 4B SST to replace my 1987 .5 and bridged 2BLP Pros's.  Hey they still preform to specs, sweet.  But my problem is I ordered the OB 1's (Cherry) 2 weeks ago.  Apparently, I am still waiting because Bryston Canada did not have the cherry finish in stock and that they were being sent from the states.  I am starting to think the dealer is waiting for them to come from England.  I was initially told it would be 6 days, then when that window expired I was told 2 weeks.  I do not want to mention the dealer, because I do not want to indicate anything negative.  I have been very pleased with the dealer to this point.

James, where are my Cherry (as in finish, and hopefully Cherry as in SWEET) OB1's.  I am in Scarborough-so that should be a hint for James.

Thanks

Love the site-really informative and not a lot of bashing/thrashing unlike some other sites.  I have lurked for awhile, and decided it was smart to register.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Waiting for my Cherry (as in finish) OB 1's (James)
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2007, 10:34 am »
Hi Lurker,

Welcome.

I will check today on your OB1 speakers. If the US did not have them in stock then they would have to come from England.

james

2Br02Btitq

« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2007, 10:50 am »
You are up early James,

And checking the site over coffee?  I admire your enthusiasm and commitment to Bryston.  If the Cherry has to come from England, and I have to wait-do you think Ben and of course Bryston, would allow me to change my order to a finish that is in stock.  I have my BP26 and 4B SST connected to my 1987 Boston Acoustics's T1000's.  My new Jolida (stage 3 mod) and MD FT-101A (modded up the ying yang) would sure appreciate the OB 1's.  Have to say though, I sure discovered a lot more music in the ole T1000's with the new gear.

P.S. I put 100% down on the OB 1's

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2007, 11:42 am »
OK let me find out today on the status of the Cherry and we will go from there.

How about Mauve- got 2 pairs  :lol:

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2007, 03:22 pm »
Hi,

OK - checked on OB1's and Cherry is not available till the end of May.

They have Black in stock in the USA.

james

2Br02Btitq

« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2007, 09:19 pm »
Hi James,

Things are getting a little surreal.  Am I to understand Bryston Canada has NO OB 1's in stock-and only Black Ash is available in the states?  My dealer- I just got off the phone with Ben-at Kennedy Hi-Fi he says he was told different???????????   Ben says he talked with your sales manager-although Ben could not give me the name of whom he talked with-and that he was told the Cherry were available and coming from the U.S. shortly.  Special order....  He also said that he talked to you?????  Ben at Kennedy Hi-Fi says that he can not get a hold of you James.  He asked me to PM you from Audio Circle, how weird is that?

Anyhow Ben asked me to give you Kennedy Hi-Fi phone number so that he can confirm the information.  I told him log on here and read the thread.  Please call Ben at Kennedy Hi-Fi at 905-474-0330.

At this point we will take the Black Ash, we will not wait til the end of May-because that date could change just like the mess so far-so Black Ash MIGHT actually get us a NEW pair of speakers.  If nothing is confirmed by Monday I am going after Kennedy Hi-Fi for my money.  And I will bash them on my website and every audio related website on this planet.  I am thoroughly pissed off.

I think KHF has been giving me a load of crap, personally-at this point-about this order.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2007, 12:34 am »
Hi James,

Things are getting a little surreal.  Am I to understand Bryston Canada has NO OB 1's in stock-and only Black Ash is available in the states?  My dealer- I just got off the phone with Ben-at Kennedy Hi-Fi he says he was told different???????????   Ben says he talked with your sales manager-although Ben could not give me the name of whom he talked with-and that he was told the Cherry were available and coming from the U.S. shortly.  Special order....  He also said that he talked to you?????  Ben at Kennedy Hi-Fi says that he can not get a hold of you James.  He asked me to PM you from Audio Circle, how weird is that?

Anyhow Ben asked me to give you Kennedy Hi-Fi phone number so that he can confirm the information.  I told him log on here and read the thread.  Please call Ben at Kennedy Hi-Fi at 905-474-0330.

At this point we will take the Black Ash, we will not wait til the end of May-because that date could change just like the mess so far-so Black Ash MIGHT actually get us a NEW pair of speakers.  If nothing is confirmed by Monday I am going after Kennedy Hi-Fi for my money.  And I will bash them on my website and every audio related website on this planet.  I am thoroughly pissed off.

I think KHF has been giving me a load of crap, personally-at this point-about this order.

HI,

Yes I am sorry about this but Canada draws its stock from the PMC warehouse in the USA.
I personally called PMC today for you and they are simply sold out. The next batch of Cherry are due at the end of May.

If you want Black Ash I will confirm with them PMC and get the Black ash here to Kennedy Hi-Fi ASAP. It definitely is not Ben's fault.

james

2Br02Btitq

« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2007, 01:12 am »
James-and if you ever log on here-Ben

Thank you James.

I publicly-as far as this site goes-apologize to Ben and Kennedy Hi-Fi.  I have only heard good things about Kennedy Hi-Fi but I was getting diametrically opposed information.  Someone dropped the ball, and I blamed Ben.  I consider myself corrected.  Kennedy Hi-Fi has an incredible reputation locally-that is why I choose them over some other dealers that I WILL NOT MENTION.

My problem was I trusted Kennedy Hi-Fi so much I dropped the 100% down-that should say something about my opinion of their operation.  I NEVER do that.  Then the stories just did not add up, and I placed the blame on who had my money and who had made the promises.

James, PLEASE, get those black ash OB1's to Ben ASAP-I will paint them red if it is really important to me.  Our problem is EVERYONE has more time than we do, and the expected music will be therapy for us.

Again, James-you are to be commended.  I also hope by this post that readers will see that IF a problem does occur-both Kennedy Hi-Fi and Bryston will go the limit to ensure customer satisfaction.

Thanks Ben and James, you have both re-affirmed why I chose to do business with both Kennedy Hi-Fi and Bryston

2Br02Btitq

« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2007, 01:15 am »
James,

I am assuming the Black Ash is coming from the states and not England. 

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 12 May 2007, 09:59 am »
Yes from the US.
I will contact PMCand get the Black OB1's airfreighted from California for you.

james

2Br02Btitq

« Reply #10 on: 12 May 2007, 10:27 pm »
Perfect.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 14 May 2007, 06:11 pm »
Hi 2BR,

Your Black Ash OB1's are leaving California today - they said about 5 days.

james

2Br02Btitq

« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2007, 01:33 am »
Great.  Ben called me this afternoon and suggested that since he gets shipments air over-night from B.C. that it could be only a couple of days.  I think your estimate is more reasonable.  Perhaps, Ben was thinking it was coming by a Canadian plane, which we all know uses the West/East slip-stream more efficently than the cheaper made in U.S. planes  :icon_lol:

Thx to you both.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 15 May 2007, 12:34 pm »
Yes it has to clear Canadian customs and Monday is a holiday.

james