Kenwood Model Seven Speakers

pblake61

Kenwood Model Seven Speakers
« on: 5 May 2007, 11:53 am »
I have a pair of these Kenwood's from about 1976. Problem is one of the high tweeters is not working and I wanted to find out from the expert community what my approach to troubleshooting this should be. I don't want to unnecessarily start taking things apart. Any guidance is appreciated. Everything else with these works fine. You can't even notice that one high tweeter isn't functioning until you place your ear against it.

bolly

Re: Kenwood Model Seven Speakers
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2007, 11:52 am »
you'll have to remove the tweeter to test it with a multimeter pblake61, no choice in the matter!

BTW, I seen a pair of these for sale recently and did a little digging, 150lbs each, $2500 when new, post some pics!

pblake61

« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2007, 01:14 pm »
bolly ... thanks ... that may have been the info I posted regarding "spkrs for sale" ... anyway, here are some pics:

pblake61

« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2007, 01:16 pm »
btw, someone that has expressed interest in buying this pair is supposed to come by today to pick them up ... if he doesn't then they are still for sale ... I have been listening to them all week and almost don't want to part with them, but I need the money ... so, anyone interested in them can contact me here or via my personal email:  pblake61@gmail.com

thanks

bolly

« Reply #4 on: 7 May 2007, 09:58 am »
look like competitors for Yamaha NS-1000 pblake61, nice!

Toka

« Reply #5 on: 7 May 2007, 09:16 pm »
Hey, I saw those on my local craigslist! Wish I had room for 'em...

EDIT:

...CL ad does not mention non-working tweeter? Did you fix it?