new here to forum hope you can help

enrique

new here to forum hope you can help
« on: 2 May 2007, 06:17 pm »
Hope this is the right section if not i appologize.I actually visit several other forums but never here,didnt even know it existed.Any how i'm trying to inqure about the class d amps.I may be looking into getting a used amp in the near future.I like the sleek designs of these amps as well as they supposedly are cool running.Actually if i get 1 it would go into a wall unit.Right now i'm actually interested in the red dragon amp1.My system consists of a rotel rsx1056 and system audio speakers(sa1750 main,sa720 center,sa505 sur.)as well as a ML grotto.I was also looking at the nuforce but hear it interferes w/fm reception.Any insight or suggestions would be extremely helpful.thanks
P>S> sorry for long post.

Double Ugly

Re: new here to forum hope you can help
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2007, 02:53 am »
Welcome, enrique.

Performing a search of the forum here may prove helpful in finding the opinions you seek.  There have been several rather lengthy discussions re: Class D amps.

I think you'll find opinions of Class D amplifiers run the spectrum, and finding a consensus is out of the question.  The best you can do is audition one (preferably more) for yourself in your system.  Only then can you be confident in your decision.

Good luck,

-Jim