KLAUS'S WARRANTY & the X-TREME SE

mclsound

KLAUS'S WARRANTY & the X-TREME SE
« on: 29 Apr 2007, 02:58 pm »
Well the MONO EXTREME SE are 2-3yrs old and "HE" is second owner already so does Klaus do 3rd owner warranty and is $2400(plus shipping and exchange,boarder=about $3400 Canadian) too much?????? HELP.

TomS

Re: KLAUS'S WARRANTY & the X-TREME SE
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2007, 04:05 pm »
My warranty reads that it is just to the second owner.  It's up to Klaus whether he enforces it.

Vr3

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2007, 04:17 pm »
The 2nd owner only gets the warranty if they registered the unit.

Make sure he did or didnt.

Spirit

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2007, 04:28 pm »
Here is an idea -
Why don't you call Klaus and ask him about the warranty and also about your idea of purchasing the used one's. Knowing him he will give you his true and honest feelings.  I know, why would he help you with something that he isn't making any money on.  What have you got to lose.  He is known for his Customer Relations and I have a very secure feeling that he will help you.
Tell him you are a member of the Circle!!!

djbnh

« Reply #4 on: 29 Apr 2007, 04:35 pm »
Here is an idea -
Why don't you call Klaus and ask him about the warranty and also about your idea of purchasing the used one's. Knowing him he will give you his true and honest feelings.
I second the above opinion.

bunky

« Reply #5 on: 29 Apr 2007, 04:38 pm »
Here is an idea -
Why don't you call Klaus and ask him about the warranty and also about your idea of purchasing the used one's. Knowing him he will give you his true and honest feelings.
I second the above opinion.
Me Too :wink:

rosconey

« Reply #6 on: 29 Apr 2007, 04:39 pm »
santa klaus is gone away till may 14th i think-

i honestly doubt klaus wouldnt honor the warranty or at least work very hard to fix it as cheap as possible if a problem did happen-they are his flagship-and he did do everyone who bought a ODL amp right also -that shows some class-

mclsound

« Reply #7 on: 29 Apr 2007, 05:26 pm »
first off i know he is on holidays for 2wks(problem#1) secondly i love the fact that he has answerd every single ? i threw at him..personally!!!!!now try to understand,i am only 3hrs (I HATE TO SAY THIS HERE) from the BRYSTON factory but they are just that a "FACTORY". On a personal note,i like to be part of a family,not saying bryston does't treat you well,i really don't know,but KLAUS did,so i believe he deserves my commitment,until otherwise!!!!!! So that also means that i would like to be part of "THIS" family and family should stick together!!now that said,$3200cnd i might as well buy new,because nobody can tell me what 3yr old mono extreme se's are really worth(or even a new price)?? I am asking family because DADS not here....THANKS

rosconey

« Reply #8 on: 29 Apr 2007, 06:38 pm »
what they are worth is up  to you- there havent been alot around to set a used price imho-remeber there are less than 10 pairs i think-

if you end up with bryston good for you- they have a great rep and long warranty also-

just remember the candela was matched to the se mono's from the start-

mclsound

« Reply #9 on: 29 Apr 2007, 07:13 pm »
i do like to be wild or else i wouldn't be here.i have till 5 to decide?

BikeWNC

« Reply #10 on: 29 Apr 2007, 08:50 pm »
I don't think the SE version of the Mono Extremes has been out for more than a year.  In fact, I think the Mono Extremes have only been out about 3 years.

Andy

mclsound

« Reply #11 on: 29 Apr 2007, 10:00 pm »
it just kills me to say this but for $3500cnd i would rather wait and see what happens... :cry: iknow Klaus will understand the pain i just went through!! MAYBE LATERi will find them(S.E.'s of course)now that i know they are on the market!!

Lkdog

« Reply #12 on: 29 Apr 2007, 10:08 pm »
Well, the Mono Extremes go for around $1900-2000 used it seems if they are redboards with newer cases.
The Mono Extreme SE's may vary based upon what was done to them beyond the stock Mono Extremes.
I think they may be sort of a custom deal for each customer and he adds elements based upon what they want done.
I don't think there is a standard Mono Extreme SE version, but I am not sure-it is a little mysterious.

If the guy knows what was paid to upgrade them past the normal Mono Extremes (say the original owner paid $3400 new), then I think somewhere around $2300 +/- $100 may be about right if they are in immaculate shape and have no issues, he has the original shipping boxes, etc.

Odyssey amps generally sell used for a higher percentage of new than other brands it seems.

I have Mono Extremes. Fantastic amps and I have heard Parasound JC-1's extensively.
Same league and those are $7000 monoblocks and usually around $3800-4000 used.

Good Luck. His price is probably in the ballpark if they are minty.

mclsound

« Reply #13 on: 29 Apr 2007, 10:15 pm »
HE IS NOT ORIG owner,lot of money,why did you leave me Klaus.

bunky

« Reply #14 on: 29 Apr 2007, 10:33 pm »
I don't think the SE version of the Mono Extremes has been out for more than a year.  In fact, I think the Mono Extremes have only been out about 3 years.

Andy
Hey Andy,Klaus had a contest to name the Mono Extremes in early January of 2003 so they have been around for a while. i recieved my "special order" mono extreme SE's on January 20 2006. i had been informed that a couple of them were floating around and bugged the Hell out of Klaus for six months solid until he finally agreed to Mod my pair of mono extremes to the SE configuration.

Wolfman

« Reply #15 on: 1 May 2007, 12:01 am »
Just my 2c. The S.E.s have been out for more than a year,I'm at work but I believe mine were upgraded between 2-2.5 years ago. Mine were green board Monos,literally everything inside the cases had to be replaced,so I believe it would cost you nearly double the original used cost to upgrade in the future. The A'Gon description sounds very similar to mine. Now,worth would depend a lot on what your priorities are and what other equipment they would be paired with. Be advised that the impedence will drop down to either 10k,or,18k,depending on who you ask. They become more neutral in sound after the change,IMHO. If you want more warmth than the standard Monos,you'll have to add it somewhere else,these amps will EXACTLY demonstrate what's upfield from them. That said,at $2400.00,I believe they're a fantastic value,depending on condition,warranty,etc. They'll not only run down to 1 ohm(as will most other Odyssey amps,I think),but will have vast reserves,do you need that power? Most tube pres might have a problem w/a 10k impedence,mine doesn't but you should be aware.
Good Luck.

mclsound

« Reply #16 on: 1 May 2007, 02:04 am »
i would like to thank you all,i just answered another ad, i want an original owner,so not to have any issues,it is also $3400 hotrodded mono x-tremes for $2000.1yr old not 3. I run a D-7 bulldozer and just got called in   get up at 3am so will see. CHOW

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #17 on: 1 May 2007, 02:32 am »
i would like to thank you all,i just answered another ad, i want an original owner,so not to have any issues,it is also $3400 hotrodded mono x-tremes for $2000.1yr old not 3. I run a D-7 bulldozer and just got called in   get up at 3am so will see. CHOW

You would be getting a high quality product from a great guy (Lou) who definitely takes care of his gear.

Best of luck.

George

lazydays

« Reply #18 on: 1 May 2007, 06:12 am »
first off i know he is on holidays for 2wks(problem#1) secondly i love the fact that he has answerd every single ? i threw at him..personally!!!!!now try to understand,i am only 3hrs (I HATE TO SAY THIS HERE) from the BRYSTON factory but they are just that a "FACTORY". On a personal note,i like to be part of a family,not saying bryston does't treat you well,i really don't know,but KLAUS did,so i believe he deserves my commitment,until otherwise!!!!!! So that also means that i would like to be part of "THIS" family and family should stick together!!now that said,$3200cnd i might as well buy new,because nobody can tell me what 3yr old mono extreme se's are really worth(or even a new price)?? I am asking family because DADS not here....THANKS

here's something to think about before you get the check book out.
    I bought my monos used off a guy in Florida (he was the first owner) for $1550 gronenburg cables and all. They sat at the top of the stairs for another two years still in the box. Later I turned down several offers to buy them for several hundred dollars more
(thinking $1900 was the highest offer). But instead I just called Klaus up, and asked him about a tune up. The upgrade path came up, and I simply said to give them the full tilt boogie along with my credit card numbers. He personally picked them up as we don't live too far apart, and in about ten days called me up to tell me they were done (that was the bad part as I knew I had to wrestle those two beasts again). When I picked them up he told me what all he did, and I stopped him to tell him I didn't have a clue about what he was talking about (this is at 11:00 PM in the parking lot next to where I work). At the end of our conversation he basicly told me the only thing left from the old amps was the cases, and everything inside was brand new. The warranty is as new (I think anyway). A new pair was $2900 a year ago, so a new pair maybe your best bet. I know mine ain't going anywhere too soon.
     Now once I get the latest round of bank book destruction over with (tonearms and phonostages), I'm gonna get me some new speakers to crack all the rest of the plaster in my house! Boy am I glad I'm not married!
Gary

mclsound

« Reply #19 on: 16 May 2007, 10:43 pm »
ok what does it cost to upgrade from mono's to X's and mono's to S.E.'s.   is it really that different between the two??