TBI Magellan- 6.5" or 8" driver to match with Compact Hemps

Louis O

Re: TBI Magellan- 6.5" or 8" driver to match with Compact Hemps
« Reply #20 on: 27 May 2007, 12:46 am »
Hi everybody.

Looks like I will be experimenting on hemp sub soon. I have the drivers and they looks promising. The sub wont be a true sub, but I'm looking for speed as well as bass. The amp will be a custom plate amp with steep slope. The drivers will be twin 8" hempcones. These drivers are made fore low bass.

More hopefully soon,
Louis

JDK1

« Reply #21 on: 22 Jun 2007, 12:17 pm »
Hi Louis:
I'm getting ready to complete out my stereo/HT (2.1 or 2.2) system and I'm very interested in matching an appropriate sub to my XRS/Hemp (and RWA Sig30) configuration. I was going to review the various posts for the synergistic match with the XRS's, but it looks like your potential hemp sub is worth waiting for...Please keep us informed.
Thanks,
Jonathan K

Louis O

« Reply #22 on: 3 Jul 2007, 09:53 pm »
Hi JDK1,

Looks like the sub will be sooner than later and I will have one ready soon for pictures. I will have a single 8 and a double 8.

These will be very fast and the drivers are specifically made for bass as well as synergy with the speakers. The hemp cone is the TT formula, but thicker.

Thanks again,
Louis

ZLS

« Reply #23 on: 3 Jul 2007, 10:19 pm »
So Louis, What do you find that the woofers specifically add to the various models of your speakers, i.e. dynamic range, loudness etc.? 

Thank You

Louis O

« Reply #24 on: 3 Jul 2007, 11:15 pm »
Hi ZLS,

Mostly a stronger foundation. The deeper bass adds to the over all balance of the entire system.

I do want to mention that it's not a sub and that it goes down to 30Hz.

Thanks again,
Louis