Italian LF55 review

pabiz

Italian LF55 review
« on: 26 Apr 2007, 02:11 pm »
Hi to everyone I'm an italian Aksa fan,I bought an Aksa 55 some years ago,then I bought a GK1 preamplifier and upgraded my Aksa 55 to Nirvana plus.I 'm always satisfied with Aksa products and now I buy my LF55.
 My first impression was:
"This is not an amplifier but a JEWELL",I never believe I change my AKSA55 N+ but when I listen to the LF55 I change my IDEA .
The LF55 is whitout any doubt the best amplifier I never heard,best than Mark Levinson,Audio Research,Audio Analogue (famous italian amplifier)and many others.
With the LF55 Hugh did a great job.
I use the LF55 with the GK1 and I found the sound of this gear very right, I love this sound with CDplayer and with Vinyl too.
When I turn on the LF55 the first time immediatly I says WOW!!!!
The bass was more extended and deep,mid frequency very very much clean and liquid ,I can listen every nuance in the music but what I like of Aksa products is the live effect and the amazing soundstage I can touch the musicians and the LF55 can do this so well.
Voices are real and natural,high very very extended whitout harsh this means a lot of air and details.
This amplifier is very neutral much more than AKSA55 and I like it more with is perfect match with GK1 preamplifier.
I can write many words but I cannot explain you how well this amplifier sound I only says "I'LL NEVER CHANGE MY LF55 FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!"....................................... ..............................until Hugh project a new amplifier.

ciao Paolo

LM

• Lyn
Re: Italian LF55 review
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2007, 09:47 pm »
pabiz,

I had the privilege of a holiday in your lovely country last year and what I really loved was the huge enjoyment of life that most people expressed.  I had the same feelings about the LF100 when I heard and ordered it but I could never express it so well – a jewel eh!  What a perfect one word summary.  I loved its punch, precision and neutrality as well.

I wouldn’t bet my house on Hugh never improving it though however good the current model is.  There always seems to be some other new and novel ideas scurrying around in that brain of his. :)

AKSA

« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2007, 11:00 pm »
Hi Paolo,

Thank you very much for your comments about the LF55;  I will put a copy into the review thread as well.  I greatly appreciate your praise, very, very nice, and I think your comment about a 'jewel' is lovely!  :thankyou:

You might realise that I love Italian motorcycles, and in particular I'm a Moto Guzzi and  Moto Morini fan.  One day I will have a 9 1/2 Morini - this is a product with soul.

The extraordinary thing about the LF amps is their incredibly low distortion, down around 0.008% at 10W into 8R and all low order.  This is a departure from the AKSA, which was 0.045%.  That it sounds like more like the cat's meow than the surgeon's knife is a surprise and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Oh, Paolo, I'm still working on amplifiers, I cannot stop, it's a serious compulsion....... :lol:

Ciao,

Hugh

Johnny

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2007, 04:30 pm »
You might realise that I love Italian motorcycles, and in particular I'm a Moto Guzzi and  Moto Morini fan.  One day I will have a 9 1/2 Morini -

this is a product with soul.

Like a Vincent '52?

"Red hair and black leather
My favourite color scheme"
:dance:

AKSA

« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2007, 10:51 pm »
Nah, Johnny,

The Vincent never did it for me.  Only 60 hp, very small bike, not comfortable, lousy front suspension, very stiff clutch, lubrication of the cam lifters so bad one engineer stated that sparks could occasionally be seen flying off them, outrageously complex ball bearing big end - and even in my day as a lad incredibly expensive.

Even the bike I own today, a ZRX1200 Kwaka, has over double the Vincent's power and, as you'd expect, is in my view a far better balanced bike.

Cheers,

Hugh