Quick iMod question

Boybees

Quick iMod question
« on: 25 Apr 2007, 07:28 pm »
Vinnie, when you get done with the iMod, is there any change to outer form factor or appearance of the iPod? Reason why I ask is that I remember an earlier version you did that had caps and a connector on the outside of the iPod case.

Thanks, Dave

gooberdude

Re: Quick iMod question
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2007, 07:49 pm »
My Imod is a few months old, there's no way to tell it apart from a normal Ipod...

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2007, 09:36 pm »
Vinnie, when you get done with the iMod, is there any change to outer form factor or appearance of the iPod? Reason why I ask is that I remember an earlier version you did that had caps and a connector on the outside of the iPod case.

Thanks, Dave

Hi Dave,

Yes, the first iMods that I offered (back in 2005) had the option of having the modded line out cable come out of the rear case.  I stopped offering this a while back (due to reliability issues), and as gooberdude mentioned above, all the iMods now look just like a stock unit on the outside.  Everything is done only on the inside. 

You would never know it was modded on the outside (but if you were to try to adjust the headphone output volume of an iModded unit, you would find that this does not work because there is no longer a headphone output.. .that jack IS the modded Line Out with fixed output voltage).

Best regards,

Vinnie

Loftprojection

« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2007, 09:45 pm »
I inspected mine with all the attention I could give it and I almost can't believe Vinnie opened it up to mod it.  In fact, maybe he didn't and got me a stock unit after all, bugger!  hahahaha

Don't worry, those units really look like you just bought it directly from Apple.  :thumb:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2007, 10:34 pm »
I inspected mine with all the attention I could give it and I almost can't believe Vinnie opened it up to mod it.  In fact, maybe he didn't and got me a stock unit after all, bugger!  hahahaha

Don't worry, those units really look like you just bought it directly from Apple.  :thumb:

Hey LP,

Ha haha....The only way of knowing if I actually modded it is to check if you can adjust the output volume... If you are able to adjust the volume, this means that I forgot to mod it and sent you a stock one!  :lol:     I promise you this didn't happen  :wink:

Yes, the 60GB iPods that I have in stock (from Apple) are in perfect condition, and I open them up and close them in a way that does not leave any marks.... total stealth mode!  8)

Best regards,

Vinnie

Loftprojection

« Reply #5 on: 26 Apr 2007, 01:37 am »
If you are able to adjust the volume, this means that I forgot to mod it and sent you a stock one!  :lol:     I promise you this didn't happen  :wink:

Hey, no worries, volume is not adjustable, I almost blew up my ears when I tested it with my Vmoda Vibes directly in the imod without an amp!  :duh:

By the way, my Imod is currently in burnin mode, with a brand spankin new RSA Tomahawk amp connected together by a brand spankin new Black Dragon mini-mini!  I couldn't resist a quick peak; this already looks like it will be a killer combo in 200hrs! 

Ho, I can already picture some saliva dropping on the side of your mouth so I'll add a bit more.  I have a brand spankin new set of Audio Technica W5000 woodies that have arrived at the post office for me to pick up tomorrow!   aa  These will be driven by my RSA XP7 amp for home portability and garden chair duties!   :icon_lol: