WhOW!!! RM-V60's Arrive

seadogs1

WhOW!!! RM-V60's Arrive
« on: 20 Apr 2007, 09:35 pm »
Brian and or John must be Supermen to get these guys just off the truck. The driver had trouble even with a pallet jack. Everyone was right they are quite a load. Just a helpful hint on unloading turn the box with the base units completely upside down, take out the screws and the rest comes out with no problem. Just got everything into the basement and will have to wait for more help to assemble over the week-end. Oh very funny Brian to label one box rosewood and the other black- are you trying to give me a heart attack?? HA! HA! I'll try to keep everyone updated but because of other factors it may be awhile. Happy! Happy! aa

PLMONROE

Re: WhOW!!! RM-V60's Arrive
« Reply #1 on: 20 Apr 2007, 09:45 pm »
Its Brains new finish "Black Rosewood"

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 20 Apr 2007, 10:08 pm »
Brian and or John must be Supermen to get these guys just off the truck. The driver had trouble even with a pallet jack. Everyone was right they are quite a load. Just a helpful hint on unloading turn the box with the base units completely upside down, take out the screws and the rest comes out with no problem. Just got everything into the basement and will have to wait for more help to assemble over the week-end. Oh very funny Brian to label one box rosewood and the other black- are you trying to give me a heart attack?? HA! HA! I'll try to keep everyone updated but because of other factors it may be awhile. Happy! Happy! aa

Congratualtions!!

Seems those RM v60's are showing up all over now days.

Some just left for the East Coast (MD) yesterday :thumb:

CA will have another pair in a couple weeks.

We're in the south (LA)

We have the Mid-USA (OK),

Northern US = MN

I still need some "Southeastern" representation (Corbin you down there?)

May have some in the MidWest soon (OH) so Buckeyes get ready :lol:

Who said HIGH END was dead?

Of course it helps to have a little H-E-L-P from big B.

When HELP stands for:

H-igh
E-nd
L-ow
P-rice

In any event, SeaDogs, we're looking forward to your adventures too.

Early B.

« Reply #3 on: 20 Apr 2007, 10:18 pm »
Lots of pics, please, sir.

seadogs1

« Reply #4 on: 20 Apr 2007, 10:38 pm »
As soon as I can get them together the pictures will come.

Housteau

« Reply #5 on: 21 Apr 2007, 02:35 am »
Just got everything into the basement and will have to wait for more help to assemble over the week-end.

You have patience :).  They go together quite easily if you follow those instructions that Paul posted.

warnerwh

« Reply #6 on: 21 Apr 2007, 06:21 am »
You certainly do have patience. :scratch:  When my RM 40's got here it didn't take me an hour to have them in the basement and hooked up to my system. :drool:

I'd sure love to hear the V60s as they are surely amazing.  Congratulations on getting yours and please let us know what you think after you dial them in a little. 

What is the rest of your system?

seadogs1

« Reply #7 on: 21 Apr 2007, 08:04 pm »
Unpacked the beasts today. Slight damage in shipping John has been notified. Quick question how are the foam inserts suppose to fit in the back?  Does the part with the board go on top or on the bottom? Two how does it stay in? Mine keep falling out. Someday I may actually get to hook them up but not today. They look terrific! Hope the sound is equally to die for. Stay Tuned.

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 21 Apr 2007, 08:06 pm »
The "board" is the base of the foam damper.  The damper will stay upright if stood on its base.

PLMONROE

« Reply #9 on: 21 Apr 2007, 08:17 pm »
Chuck, I had somewhat of the same problem, one of stability. I had some sheet lead that I cut and put on the bottom with a little felt glued over it. Less elegant but easier, just wedge a bit of bubble wrap at top and bottom.

Paul

seadogs1

« Reply #10 on: 21 Apr 2007, 08:59 pm »
Thanks for your sugguestions on the foam. The problem is with John's instuctions on how to set them up. The instructions are for the xo's with the controls on the back right above the speaker connections. Mine are on top of the xo box and if you try to place them as far back as John says to start with they fall over because they ride on top of the controls. I guess I need to glue some risers to the bottom board so the foam panel will fit over the control knobs. Brian, does that sound right to you or is there an alternative? Thanks!

Brian Cheney

« Reply #11 on: 21 Apr 2007, 09:16 pm »
Just pull back the crossover box so that the base of the damper rests on the part of the OXO in front of the controls.  Set the controls at 12 o'clock for the mids and 1 o'clock for the treble to start.  You can also turn the box over (controls down) to have a smooth surface on which to rest the base of the damper.

John Casler

« Reply #12 on: 21 Apr 2007, 09:46 pm »
Thanks for your sugguestions on the foam. The problem is with John's instuctions on how to set them up. The instructions are for the xo's with the controls on the back right above the speaker connections. Mine are on top of the xo box and if you try to place them as far back as John says to start with they fall over because they ride on top of the controls. I guess I need to glue some risers to the bottom board so the foam panel will fit over the control knobs. Brian, does that sound right to you or is there an alternative? Thanks!

Actually B, was the author of the set up material. I just posted it for him.

Brian Cheney

« Reply #13 on: 21 Apr 2007, 09:58 pm »
V60 owners should post their own setup suggestions which I will be happy to add to those from the factory.  The system is very flexible in setup and we want to find out what works well for people.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
« Reply #14 on: 21 Apr 2007, 11:26 pm »
V60 owners should post their own setup suggestions which I will be happy to add to those from the factory.  The system is very flexible in setup and we want to find out what works well for people.

"...what works well for people" is to find enough change under the sofa coushions to buy a pair of V60s!
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2007, 07:41 pm by RibbonSpeakers.net »

Housteau

« Reply #15 on: 22 Apr 2007, 12:35 am »
Seadogs1,

Eventually, you are planning on biamping your V60 using a bridging circuit with its own level pot built in.  When you do this, you can open up the L-pads on the V60 all the way effectively taking them out of the circuit.  Jim (Ribbon Speakers.net) first suggest this a while ago within a post involving his RM30s.  You will be able to adjust that balance with the bridging cable pot instead.  At first I had only the treble opened up all the way, with the midrange back just a bit maintaining that original factory balance.  However, since my room allows minimal rear damping, there is more treble energy naturally available, and so that allowed me to bring the midrange up all the way as well.