Modula M/T 2-way monitor speakers

jholtz

Modula M/T 2-way monitor speakers
« on: 18 Apr 2007, 06:53 pm »
The Modula M/T’s are an excellent design by Jon Marsh. Jon is a noted speaker designer who has presented to the AES during his career and has been associated with Avalon in the past.

The Modula M/T is a compact 2-way that is based on an ultra low distortion Seas tweeter and 7” Dayton Reference series woofer. Both drivers are noted for offering extremely clean and detailed sound. Jon’s superb implementation provides sparkling highs, smooth mids and amazingly deep bass with a F3 in the 30’s. This is an extremely musical speaker that allows you to rediscover your CD collection. They are very revealing and easily rival “big name” speakers costing up to two thousand dollars in sound quality.

The cabinets are exceptionally well built and solid. They’re finished in golden oak with a complimentary dark brown grill. These speakers only have about 10 hours playing time to break them in. Pictures are available here: http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrmoni&1182005105&item

I will sell them for $450 plus custom packaging and actual shipping costs to ensure safe arrival.  High end sound for a mid-fi price. Payment through Paypal only please. 

Thanks for looking!

Jim Holtz

Christof

Re: Modula M/T 2-way monitor speakers
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2007, 07:24 pm »
I think Jim is pretty much selling these for the cost of the parts and anyone who is familiar with these drivers knows they are relatively underpriced.  I've heard and built few of the circulating RS designs, including the Modula, Nat P. & Dr. K's.  The Modula's were, IMO, the best of the bunch. 

jholtz

« Reply #2 on: 18 Apr 2007, 07:32 pm »
I think Jim is pretty much selling these for the cost of the parts and anyone who is familiar with these drivers knows they are relatively underpriced.  I've heard and built few of the circulating RS designs, including the Modula, Nat P. & Dr. K's.  The Modula's were, IMO, the best of the bunch. 

Thanks for the post Chris. Yes, you are correct, it's basically what it cost me to build them. I'm feeding my audio addiction by trying to recycle the investment.  :D

Best regards,

Jim

jholtz

« Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2007, 12:59 pm »
Bump. This is a darn nice speaker for very little money...