Big Sale!

KevinW

Big Sale!
« on: 1 Aug 2003, 08:13 pm »
AS part of opening Solar Hifi for business, I've got a lot of products in-house that I want to sell.  

Right now, ALL products are 10% off. This sale won't last long. You can see the list at www.solarhifi.com/showroom.php

If you've thought of buying anything from Jena Labs, Adire Audio, or Antique Sound Labs, this is a great opportunity.

I am also developing mods for ASL amps, with the more serious circuit redesigns being done by Jena Labs.  Here's the list of products with mods available:

ASL AQ1003.  30wpc push-pull tube amp. Excellent tube sound, with the power to drive most speakers.  Beautiful chrome finish and built-in bias meter. Normally $829, now $745.  Mods Level 1($100): upgraded caps to Auricaps, hexfred diodes, tantalum resistor in signal path.  Mods Level 2 ($250) includes Lev1 mods, plus a cryogenically treated DACT stepped attenuator and all Jena Labs Ultrawire.

ASL MGSi-15DT. Beautiful sounding 15 wpc single ended integrated. Has triode/pentode switch for a sweeter sound, or greater bass punch.  Has built-in bias meter and sub out.  This is a GREAT value in terms of sound quality.  Normally $749, now $675.  Mods Level 1 ($75): upgraded caps to Auricaps, hexfred diodes, tantalum resistor in signal path.  Mods Level 2 ($225) includes Lev1 mods, plus a cryogenically treated DACT stepped attenuator and all Jena Labs Ultrawire.

ASL Tulip with serious mods.  This is my favorite sounding amplifier so far. 2A3 SET, with 3.5 wpc, and tube rectifier. It retails for $999, and I have installed a $600 mod that completely redesigned the gain stage and power supply. All highest quality parts and cryogenically treated components were used.  This amp redefines how wonderful an SET can sound. I'll sell it for $1400, contact for more details.

ASL Wave8 monoblocks.  8 wpc monoblocks with great sound.  With the mods, these monos sound more like $1000 monoblocks, extremely sweet and detailed.  Mods include Auricaps in the signal path.  Only one pair in stock, and these have the mods already performed. Normally $300 pair, will sell for $275.

ASL Wave20 monoblocks.  20wpc push pull design using 6L6 tubes.  Very good tube sound, with extra punch to drive most speakers. Normally $498/pair, will sell for $450.  Mods include Auricaps in signal path, and hexfred diodes in powersupply ($100).  

ASL Wave Line preamp. $199 tube preamp with three inputs. Very good sound for the price. $225 with auricaps installed in signal path.

ASL Twinhead preamp.  Older version with internal power supply.  Uses transformer coupled 2A3 tubes, and has that magical single-ended sound. Normally $1199, will sell for $825.  Mods include adding Jena Ultrawire in signal path and a Dact stepped attenuator ($225).  This is a great deal on high quality preamp.

Adire Audio HE12.1 speaker with finished cabinet. Kit costs $349, so with cabinet I will sell for $549. This is a GOOD deal on a great sounding speaker that is 96dB efficient with good solid bass down to 40Hz. The cabinets are very big, and I'm not willing to ship, so local delivery or pickup only.

KevinW

another item
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2003, 12:08 am »
There's another item I forgot to post above...

ASL Passive DT preamp.  This is a transformer based attenuator, with five pairs of inputs, tape loop out, and two pairs of outputs.  I had the entire unit cryogenically treated by Jena Labs.  This preamp is very detailed, with GREAT imaging. It matches very well with the ASL Tulip. Very good sound for the price. Normally $399 without cryogenics, selling for $375 right now.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Big Sale!
« Reply #2 on: 2 Aug 2003, 03:14 am »
I just saw that the Wave 8's may be discontinued, so I'm betting you'll move your pair pretty quick...

KevinW

Big Sale!
« Reply #3 on: 8 Aug 2003, 05:51 am »
A few more additions to the sale.

I have a barely broken in Passive DT transformer attenuated based preamp. This entire unit has been cryogenically treated by Jena Labs.  It is an extremely detailed preamp.  $375  A great value.

I also have an MG Head OTL headphone amplifier that I have used for about a year.  I recently installed Black Gates as the coupling cap for the OTL output, and Oh My God, what an improvement.  Much better bass, more detail, air, musicality.  In short, every sonic aspect was improved for about $35 in parts.  I'll sell it for $299. In fact if anyone wants this mod done to their own unit, let me know. It's well worth it, and very cheap.

The MGSi-15 DT above can include Valve Art 6550 tubes and Svetlana 12AX7's for an extra $20.  This is a $70 value.

The AQ1003 can include NOS RCA Clear Top 12AU7's (four total).  These tubes have been used sparingly and will have plenty of life left.  $20 extra.These tubes are seen as one of the best american 12AU7's, and compares closely to Mullard for much reduced cost.