Best machine for ripping?

Brian T.

Best machine for ripping?
« on: 16 Apr 2007, 11:40 pm »
Hi Guys,

I need to buy a new DVD/CD burner.  I don’t do a lot of Video burning, but some from Premiere output.  However, I do have circa 600 CDs to rip to FLAC!  Can anybody please suggest the best device for ripping?  I have looked at the usual sources such as CDInfo etc. but they rarely agree.  For instance, I looked at reviews on two sites for the Pioneer PL-112 and wondered if they were testing the same machine…

Cheers!     

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Re: Best machine for ripping?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2007, 12:30 am »
From my experience over the years Plextor has very good burners, led the way in DAE. You will have to research which current model is the best Plextor to get for your situation. I would avoid Sony - they don't seem to want to help...

I have a Plextor and a Lite-On, but don't do a lot of audio ripping these days.

Audiophiliac

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2007, 01:12 am »
I second Plextor.

Brian T.

« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2007, 08:04 am »
Thanks for your time and input Guys!  I used a ‘CD only’ Plextor a few years ago very successfully, but note that since the company has been badging OEM units the reviews have been bad.  I think that I will go with the Pioneer which does the DAE process very accurately albeit rather slowly.  I recently retired so I don’t do fast now..:lol:

Cheers!

Mag

« Reply #4 on: 19 Apr 2007, 06:37 am »
I have a Samsung Writemater. I used a different brand before this one that couldn't copy some dvd's. This one, no problemo.